Gweek podcast episode 024: John Hodgman

11 Responses to “Gweek podcast episode 024: John Hodgman”

1. Stefan Jones says:

I finally caught up with a backlog of Gweek, so I’m really looking forward to this one.

Nice ferret.

2. Mark_Frauenfelder says:

There is a prob with the rss feed that I’m trying to fix. In the meantime, you can listen to the episode here: http://wpc.500b.edgecastcdn.net/00500B/gweek/Gweek_024.mp3

3. Ramone says:

Looks like you got a bad link there with Bergen street comics.

4. scifijazznik says:

John Hodgman sans moustache > John Hodman avec moustache.

5. Cornan_KotW says:

I’m not seeing this most recent episode on iTunes for some reason. I see all the previous ones but this one still isn’t listed. Of course, it’s entirely possible I’m doing something wrong.

6. Kirke Godfrey says:

Røde are Australian mics, they are VERY good.
    (actually i hope RØDE see this and give me a Mic! :+)

7. Iananan says:

Great to see atomic robo being mentioned, excellent book, (which incidentally, I have had pinup art in)

8. Dogsop Smith says:

This episode still isn’t showing up on iTunes.

9. +1 on no new ep on iTunes :( mp3 here I come

10. Excellent show, Mark!  John is a fantastic and very entertaining guest.  I love the fact that he’s  a comic geek and I loved all the talk about the comic industry.  Even my handle on this site is taken from an underground comic hero.  One thing not mentioned: I bought my first superhero comic for 60 cents at a supermarket.  When was the last time comics were available at a supermarket?  And available for such a low price?  When comics began to develop “adult” themes in the late 80s, they were taken out of the supermarkets, as well as priced out of the budget of the ordinary kid.  What average kid is going to amass a huge comic collection (like I still have) if every issue is $5?  He won’t have the funds.  I say, to expand the base of comics and bring in new, young readers like John suggests, make comics cheap again and available in places other than comic specialty stores (of which there aren’t many left anyway).