17 Responses to “Gutenberg to Zuckerberg: the kind of Internet primer you want to slide under your boss's door”

1. bbonyx says:

• Kibo says:

>  I was *really* hoping this was going to be advice from 80′s mega-movie-icon Steve Guttenburg to Mark Zuckerberg on how to be successful. Drat!

Zucker…Berg.

Steve “Police Academy” Guttenberg in a film directed by David “Airplane!” Zucker and written by David “Mad” Berg.

Come to think of it, this “Mad” Internet movie must’ve been in the works for a while, given that Prohias’s “Spy vs. Spy” characters look a lot like Trollface.  So whenever Trollface says “U MAD?” he’s virally promoting this “Police Academy”/ “Airplane!”/ “Mad” crossover. Or as the kids these days call it, a “mashup”. Not to be confused with that movie Robert Altman made with Russ Meyer, “M*A*S*H*Up!” This one’s wackier, and the sex isn’t as gratuitous.

I will pay to see it, especially if it includes the old ethnic joke that ends with the Chinese guy punching Guttenberg and shouting, “Iceberg, Guttenberg, what’s the difference?”

2. freshyill says:

They’re forgetting someone.

3. Marktech says:

Anything in it about 3D printed robot heads?

4. Please, please, please: Do not write “The Internet” — Internet is a proper noun, not a common noun. Do not use an article, please.

5. colin says:

Is this correct usage? “I can’t connect to Internets on iPad”

6. kmoser says:

Wasn’t this topic previously covered by the Cluetrain Manifesto?

7. Wowbagger_Infinitley_Prolonged says:

Does it include a section on the Elders of the Internet?

8. juepucta says:

There’s an old CBC video seomwhere form the early 90s that talks about this newfangled thing called Internet (capitalized and all). Back when Mansbridge had some hair.

-G.

9. perchecreek says:

Gutenberg went bankrupt. His press was repossessed.

10. Xof says:

You’re right! It was tough! My result, right after I denied it the right to see my personal information and write on my wall:

A PHP Error was encountered