Mental institution filled with 28,000 flowers before it was demolished

17 Responses to “Mental institution filled with 28,000 flowers before it was demolished”

1. Lyndse says:

“Mental institution filled with 28,000 flowers before it was demolished”

FTFY :3

2. Charlie B says:

I hope somebody salvaged those excellent doors.

• Laura Chorba says:

No one salvages this stuff anymore it is really a shame. You could not find a door like that anymore the wood that it was created form is probably extinct from the building trades as well.

3. R. Stevens says:

That’s a few miles from my apartment. The grounds are now a huge unofficial dog park where I take my pal Green Bean. Looks like this installation happened right before my time here.

4. Stephen Marts says:

Nice.  If you (author of this post) or anyone else is interested: A friend of mine and I broke into MMHC about two years ago–just a little while before it was demolished. I have about 360 photographs from the excursion. If you’d like to see them, holler. Either way, it was good to see someone drawing a little attention to the Schuleit installation. *nod*

• blueelm says:

I want to. I mean, I don’t know if one random person in the comments section wanting to see them matters. But I do.

• Pirate Jenny says:

I’d like to see them too! And for other fans of this sort of thing, there is a wonderful web site:
      http://www.opacity.us/. I don’t check in there nearly often enough–because I know that each time I do it’ll be at least a couple of  hours out of  my life before I realize it.

• Ross Bearman says:

Further to Pirate Jenny’s suggestion, if you’re in the UK and interested be sure to check out http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

They have an enormous range of photographs from urban exploration around the UK.

5. BombBlastLightingWaltz says:

those poor defenceless flowers.

6. zartan74 says:

How incredibly poignant and touching.  Amazing.  Thanks for featuring this.

7. hypersomniac says:

verklempt

8. I sent this link to everyone I love. This is near perfect art.

9. Srinivas Pendyala says:

Amazing flowers!I would like to say thanks for noticed a  well post.It’s incredible!This installation of flowers in the apartment looks like flower garden.Inserting of flowers at a time making me happy.

10. Beautiful, Wonderful, Amazing.

11. Laura Chorba says:

What a wonderful piece of art a celebration of nature which is already perfect art… Nice to see such wonderful feedback it produced.

12. Lobster says: