TOM THE DANCING BUG: Harvey Richards, Lawyer for Children

PREV • INDEXNEXT

Last one to follow RUBEN BOLLING on TWITTER is a rotten egg. No except-me's. No bounce-backs. No opposites. Starting now. For full rules, visit the TOM THE DANCING BUG WEBSITE.

14 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: Harvey Richards, Lawyer for Children”

1. Mister44 says:

This one was actually funny.

2. Stonewalker says:

I love all of these comics.  I love how Rubin balances between scathing and depressing social commentary and just downright hilarity.  Keeps the concerned sane.

3. benher says:

I thought for sure this would involve file sharing somehow. Pure D-light!

4.  In third grade I designed and implemented a single-blinded investigative protocol to disprove the efficacy of widely accepted methods of cootie infestation. My experiments were quite similar in design to those conducted by Benjamin Franklin and Antoine Lavoisier concerning Mesmerism. Unfortunately, the test subjects not only rejected my results, which I still contend to this day were experimentally valid, they also had ethical objections to my use of human subjects without consent.

5. neddyo says:

“Super-Secret-Awesome Club bylaws” — f’in brilliant.

6. Andy Simmons says:

Wait.  So this actually isn’t intended as a scathing indictment of either the American legal or healthcare systems?  It’s just supposed to be funny?

You can do that?

7. Jorpho says:

While he does not appear nearly as often as characters like Louis and God-Man and so on, Mr. Bolling has actually  done a good many strips regarding Mr. Richards, though if I’m not mistaken, this is the first since TTDB started appearing on BoingBoing.

This is probably the best one of the lot that I can recall, anyway.

8. Great minds think alike!  I recently created this image of my son:

9. MattAtDoyle says:

I believe the ship in the painting, behind the lawyer, is the HMS Black Hawk. You can tell by the squiggly lines.

10. albinoflea says:

Still waiting for the Harvey Richards, Lawyer for Children movie…

11. Lilah says:

In my childhood we eliminated the need for periodic cootie boosters with a third shot: “circle, circle, knife, knife, now I’ve got it all my life.”

Then again, we never developed a method for checking anti-cootie titers, so I don’t know if the shot actually lives up to the claim.

12. Louis Maltby is at the age where girls still have cooties, but there’s now a question of whether cooties are really all that bad.

13. stayzuplate says:

Is it just me or does Harvey Richards bear a slight resemblance to Hank Hill?