Car-full of kids sing Bohemian Rhapsody on the school-run

21 Responses to “Car-full of kids sing Bohemian Rhapsody on the school-run”

1. 10xor01 says:

Ok Dad, we’ll sing again it means that much to you, but please, for the love of God, don’t post this online and turn our entire family into an Internet meme.

Most excellent!

2. enterthestory says:

Way to indoctrinate the next generation of psycho school killers!

“Mama,
    just killed a man,
    Put a gun against his head,
    Pulled my trigger,
    now he’s dead”

If i’m not back again this time tomorrow-
    Carry on, carry on,as if nothing really matters”

I notice there is a missing space on the back seat.  How many kids did you say you have? I mean originally? Hmmm? Which seat will be empty next year? “I sometimes wish I’d never been born” – easy for a four year old to say…

Just kidding. Very sweet.

3. Next song request: It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

4. Rickenbacker4001 says:

My daughter would sing along to Metallica’s Seek and Destroy when I was taking her to pre school. Watching her still sing it as she was walking into class was pure joy.
    SEARCH EM! SWEEK END DESTWOY !

5. namnezia says:

Well, aren’t they too cool for school…

6. allybeag says:

Yeah, it’s great and all that, but … if you’re close enough to your school to drive there in 3 minutes, you could walk there in about 20. Why are they using a car? (Yeah, I know there are loads of possible good reasons, but still…)

• Jennifer Nieland says:

Probably just on the way to work, or maybe the route isn’t safe enough for the kids. Plus, the full song is much longer than 3 minutes…

• chgoliz says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking.  The full song is over 5 minutes, but still.

The problem is, most places that families in the US move to “for the children” are set up so that it is impossible to walk to family destinations such as school, the local park, or local cafe/bakery.  Cul-de-sacs, privacy fences, highways, no sidewalks or pedestrian walkways….even if you live 2 blocks from school as the crow flies, you might have to travel a mile or two out of your way to get there, and will probably have cross at least one major road where the traffic is doing 40-50 mph.

7. ChicagoD says:

I love little man in the back bringing it strong.

8. kongorilla says:

Yeah, something like this goes on in my car too. I sing along to the radio, and my son screams, “DAAA-AAD, STOP! YOU”RE EMBARRASSING ME!!!” while trying to slouch below window level.

9. kmoser says:

Am I the only one who saw a car commercial just like this on TV a couple of days ago?

10. Daniel Ewing says:

cute kids, and clearly very patient with their attention seeking father.  Had to turn the sound off though, ears started to implode.

11. jackrabbitslim says:

All you guys posting about how lame the dad is clearly don’t have awesome school-age kids.  My six year-old and I routinely finish the last several blocks of our morning school drive with a hearty sing-along of the Dropkick Murphys’ version of “The Irish Rover”.
    Her favorite bit is, “there was Slugger O’Toole who drunk as a rule…”
    My kid is more punk-rock than your kid.

12. fergus1948 says:

10 years time…

…extreme embarrassment and resentment…

‘He better not show that frigging YouTube clip to my new boyfriend!”

13. My boys and I prefer to go 10-8. We head east over the bridge….

14. It’s awesome to see they are not even a “musical” family but dad still tries…because nobody can sing here!

15. serpent says:

Apparently, they have an older brother.