The fabulism of Hulk Hogan

24 Responses to “The fabulism of Hulk Hogan”

1. opcws says:

For folks who don’t click through onto my tweet, Mr. Millard’s Twitter handle is @franticplanet, and he’s much funnier and more interesting on Twitter than I am.

2. Ben Weaver says:

In some alternate universe, Hogan is telling Mean Gene that the Bradbury fella he’s about to wrestle at Wrestlemania 3 better eat his vitamins if he wants to steal Hogan’s sound of thunder.

3. Guest says:

That quote could so easily be about Rupert Murdoch.

4. Tim says:

And in other news the sky is blue and it’s dark at night…
    I grew up behind a TV station in the early 60s that aired a live “Big Time Wrestling” and as soon as they were out the door the guys dropped their on-camera characters and would tailgate party in the parking lot.  It’s always been a fantasy world.

5. Mr. Mole says:

I remember an incident where the Iron Sheik and Hacksaw Jim Duggan got caught in a limo in Jersey smoking pot.  The scandal wasn’t so much that they were smoking pot or even that Duggan was the son of a police chief, but that the two were supposed to be mortal enemies and were sharing a joint.

Of course I’m recalling this from 20+ year old memories, so it could all be fantasy bullshit as well.

• Marc Mielke says:

I have always assumed wrestlers who were ‘mortal enemies’ onstage would often tend to be good friends offstage since they are together so often and need to ‘read’ one another like dance partners if they want to pull off the more bombastic moves safely.

• realityhater says:

Mr Mole , I’ve never really been a Wrastlin fan  but I do remember what you are speaking of ….. was it hacksaw or SGT. Slaughter? Whomever, I do remember the shared joint incident and thought then HMMM they are on to something ……..

6. Drabula says:

I’ve known two pathological liars in my life. They’re a trip.

• realityhater says:

they always have those fantastic  stories to tell……know one myself , love how they actually believe the lies they spin are well …. reality .

7. Adam S. says:

I have been really stunned the WWE  survived the Chris Benoit’s killing his family due to steroid rage.

8. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

Next thing they’ll tell me is that Andy Kaufman wasn’t even a real wrestler

9. Rob says:

Amazing. Hes a mythological figure.

10. Comedian says:

Kayfabe can explain only so much of this.

11. Franklin says:

Hulk and Jesse Ventura owe everything to Superstar Billy Graham… He invented the schtick during his run in Starrcade in the mid-to-late eighties

12. buddy66 says:

I trained as a babyface back in the day.  The heels were usually nicer to work with, less vain and more generous with gags, not to mention gentler. Trouble was I had a face’s body but a heel’s face. It was a bad  fit — so I went off to college and became an English teacher and a poet.

13. How is this different from what politicians do?