Attract potential romantic partners with these animated LED glasses

15 Responses to “Attract potential romantic partners with these animated LED glasses”

1. chalkers says:

Won’t this blind you?

2. Henry Pootel says:

Combining that with an accelerometer/gyro to modify the patterns based on head movement/orientation would be sweet. E.g., what if when you nodded your head up and down, the lights moved back and forth. Shake your head side to side, and they bob up and down.

• Sam Archer says:

Or some sort of audio input so that they would visualize to the beat of whatever music was playing (or, I suppose, to your voice when you were talking).

3. Chris Gorski says:

I know what I’m going to be seeing a lot of on the playa this year…

4. flickerKuu says:

This has to be brighter than a headlamp flashlight  in your face at close range, which is super annoying-  But it looks like it would be cool from a distance. Dimming function knob would be cool.

5. miasm says:

This was one of the funniest headlines I’ve ever read but I leave disheartened.
    Those glasses were available in 1981 but no longer seem to exist outside of the underground ‘arduino’ scene.

6. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

7. mjfgates says:

I don’t think a neurotypical person could talk to somebody wearing these. Instant blinding headache. So, if you want to hit on aspies…

• penguinchris says:

If a woman was both hitting on me and wearing these glasses, it’d be love at first (blinding) sight as far as I’m concerned, so you may be right.

8. Nash Rambler says:

The only thing I am attracting with these LED babies is pure, uncut awesome.  Once I pop the collar on my Members’ Only jacket, the club’s gonna be mine aaaaaallll night long.

9. John Park says:

I love these. Garret let me try them on at Maker Faire — you can’t really see the lights while wearing them.

10. IronEdithKidd says: