Doctor Who/Sherlock Holmes wedding bouquet

25 Responses to “Doctor Who/Sherlock Holmes wedding bouquet”

1. Paul Renault says:

I hope that the Jeremy Brett version of Holmes, not the recent excretions.

Minkia, I’d even settle for Приключения Шерлока Холмса и доктора Ватсона.

2. lecti says:

Nice coupling.

3. Abel Undercity says:

River Song’s sonic screwdriver, no less.

4. Jeff Schenk says:

this is literally the worst thing ive ever seen.

5. Mick Maus says:

You people love anything combining two generic and well known geeky pop culture references. Choose your own adventure book paper with minecraft handle. Snowcrash ebook reader with mario coinblock holder. Zelda wallpaper that tastes like bacon.

Is there any meaning left in the world?

Is there anyone out there?

• rachel ten bruggencate says:

Mick Maus.

Mick.  Maus.

You’re joking, right?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Is there any meaning left in the world?

Have you created any?

• Mick Maus says:

Yes I have! It’s this star wars steam punk tie! As you can see i’ve taken a tie and written the words ‘steam punk’ and ‘star wars’ and ‘tie’ on it.

I’ll be funding the process of making more through my new kickstarter: “Zombie Apocalypse: A lolcat’s guide to the wacky world of DIY Etsy Dubstep iphone brony”

p.s. did you know that Daniel Clowes exists? hey, did you know Neal Stephenson Exists? hey… remember Neil Gaiman. Hey…

6. jimh says:

Careful when the time comes for the bouquet toss! Recommending protective gear for the bridesmaids and reception attendees.

7. Chrissy Tan says:

fictional flowers - fictional marriage cert?

8. catgrin says:

To the few people who have made disparaging comments: Have you somehow completely forgotten that this is someone’s wedding day you’re choosing to be snarky about? You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves!

To Elsa: It looks like you had a wonderful time on your wedding day! (Lovely dress as well!) I think the idea of using your favorite literature as your bouquet was both both interesting and well-executed. I also think it’s a totally appropriate bouquet for a wedding. Stories are, after all, an an outward expression of the authors’ dreams, and well-crafted stories stay with us partially because they are so well-crafted that we can lose ourselves in them. Maybe the best idea is that you can carefully craft portions of your marriage and future life, and that bouquet can serve as a reminder to work toward that goal.

Best of luck in your future, past and always!

• ocker3 says:

It is Bloody Awesome, which is one reason it was posted on BB!

• Thank you so much!

The original intent behind the bookpage flowers was that I didn’t want to carry something in my hands that was in the process of dying. So I went with books, which I suppose are plants which are already dead – but at least it wouldn’t be right then.

So I had Sherlock Holmes in my hands, and my husband had Heinlein pages on his lapel. For us, it was the right choice.

As to the snark – I choose not to engage. But if they hate it? Not their wedding. Not their problem. :)

9. James Crothers says:

Congrats, May the story’s flow on, and on, and on, perpetually with the two +  (*)

10. Haha yeah, let’s have a Doctor Who/Sherlock themed wedding…

GROOM: I’m the world’s only consulting detective
    BRIDE: I’m actually your mother and I’ve been sent forward and backwards in time in order to kill John Watson on the Southbank Beach
    GROOM: Get your coat
    BRIDE: Bowties are cool
    GROOM: *jumps off St Barts*
    BRIDE: Don’t blink
    GROOM: Not dead. Let’s have dinner.
    BRIDE: Fish fingers and custard?
    GROOM: Brilliant!