18 Responses to “Is your member of Congress on the House Judiciary Committee? We need you to fight the return of SOPA!”

1. nmcvaugh says:

Unfortunately, Lamar Smith *is* my “representative”. Don’t think I’m going to be able to change his mind. I really need to get out of Texas.

2. David Heigl says:

Cory, I read (skimmed) the text of the bill and it seems to be entirely focused on these “foreign copyright ambassadors”, whatever they are. While they do not sound like something I would want, could you be more specific about what exactly in the bill is SOPA like?

3. soupcan58 says:

Well, I’ll try getting a hold of Mike Pence, but if it’s anything like my other attempts, it won’t matter at all.

4. elix says:

Oh, for fuck’s sake. Lamar, you cretinous fuckspigot. How much money was in the unmarked black suitcase THIS time?

5. Brandon Barbee says:

Gowdy is on the committee and from my state but not my district. His web form won’t let you email him unless you input a zip + 4 from his district. Christ, what an asshole. Lucky for me, the person in the house who “represents” me is Joe Wilson. Fuck it.

6. thecleaninglady says:

Unless we get legislation that prevents the possibility of bills like SOPA, we will get such a bill. The profit and power from controlling Internet communications are just too big and bills trying to restrict internet freedom will keep coming.

• AnthonyC says:

There is no such thing. A law congress passes now, a future congress can simply undo by passing a new SOPA-like law that overrides it. The legislature cannot tie the hands of its successors.