Cinderblock necklaces pendants made from poured concrete

25 Responses to “Cinderblock necklaces pendants made from poured concrete”

1. Cowicide says:

I love this, but can also imagine giving myself a black eye if I have to jump or something.

2. saidas says:

I have one around one ankle at work, another around my other with my GF, so I need yet another around my neck too?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

If your life is that bleak, I’d suggest buying the full-sized model and going for a swim.

• CastanhasDoPara says:

Exits, departures? It’s strangely ferpect to my twisted mind this little exchange is but…

Perhaps just this once we can ignore Antinous’ advice. Suicide is a PERMANENT solution to TEMPORARY problems. Tsk tsk Antinous, I know you were trying to be cute there but that’s not really all that funny.

• Tim H says:

I’d use mine to get rid of a tiny gangster who finked on me.

3. This would be great until it broke a tooth during yoga or in the gym.  I’ll just wear it on special occasions.

4. bo1n6bo1n6 says:

I imagine these would be great for tiny mob hits.

5. OntarioJer says:

Don’t want to be pedantic, but I can’t help myself- that isn’t ‘poured concrete’(also isn’t a cinder block, but that seems to just be artistic license here). It’s cement.

6. MTBooks says:

Civil engineering graduate (and pedant) reporting in: cement != concrete

generally: concrete = portland cement + aggregate + water

After reading the BB headline I thought, “wow, they must have some fine aggregate!”. The seller calls it cement.

Anyway, It’d make a killer scale model shed or rural gas station.

7. bcsizemo says:

Excellent, something equally as small to build the foundation of my life sized Lego house with.

8. simonbarsinister says:

Someone ‘shop a lego minifig being sent to the fishes!

9. tyger11 says:

I would like to be able to just buy the blocks (and similarly scaled bricks), just to build with. Screw Lego!

10. umm.. it’s $64. You can buy a typical sized block for about $5?

11. kiptw says:

Good lord! My fillos from the 70s are coming true!

12. RedShirt77 says:

Is it really a cinder-block if it lacks cinders?   But seriously you need to put together some bonzi tree boards so barbie can put her record player on a proper shelf.

13. RJ says:

It seems like the sort of thing only worn by those people who insist on wearing trucker hats and chugging PBR, despite being coddled and wealthy.

14. GeekMan says:

One of my bosses once worked with the fellow who invented Lock-Blocks; the giant lego-esque concrete construction blocks often used for highway-side retaining walls. As a promotional item, they made tiny versions designed to be business cards. A box was left at our office once, and it was all I could do not to constantly play with them.

15. Jake0748 says:

Hey, I’m gonna buy one of these for the ol’ ball & chain.  (Yeah… that’ll get me in solid).

16. Jenz Seeger says:

Hmm, maybe it’s time to get rid of my Drywallscrew-earrings (self-tapping & phosphate coated of course) and move up to some “better” building material?

*dreams of a brick &  mortar tiara*

17. nagemr says:

Cute,  however a little obvious as opposed to the elegant work of jeweller Andrew Goss http://www.makersgallery.com/concrete/gallery2.html

18. Tim H says:

There’s a fantastic artist named Jon Laustsen who uses tiny blocks like this in his artwork.  He makes them himself, they’re really cement, and he uses the tiny blocks to build tiny things.  I first saw him using them in 2008.