TRAMPOLARCHERY: loosing arrows whilst bouncing on a trampoline

35 Responses to “TRAMPOLARCHERY: loosing arrows whilst bouncing on a trampoline”

1. papyromancer says:

Doctor Who really gets around.  Good show, mate.

2. This will make great horseback-archery practice for when I finally go full on steppe nomad

3. igpajo says:

Yikes!!  In the beginning they were shooting arrows at a target with an apartment behind it.  Not a great idea.

4. tudza says:

Reminds me of something from “The Locator” where someone was practicing firing a sniper rifle while on a trampoline.

5. Der Raketemensch says:

TRAMPOLARCHERY. Noun. 1.The art or practice of loosing arrows while jumping on a trampoline. 2. A particularly embarrassing suicide method.

6. Ramone says:

It’s all fun and games until–oh, forget it.

7. todd tomorrow says:

I think you meant to say “lose arrows…” Not loose arrows as in a “loose nut” or that guy is a “loose canon”.

8. invictus says:

My alma mater strikes again! (and misses. A whole lot of times.)

9. Mr. Winka says:

This was like watching the guy who shoots machetes from his homemade machete crossbow. You do things like this long enough and you will get an arrow or machete in your skull. I’d like to hear them explain what happened in the emergency room. Things like “Darwin Award” and the saying “God protects fools and small children” were running through my mind. May I suggest trampogrenades?

• xzzy says:

How exactly does one impale themselves on an arrow they themselves shot?

A hazard to people around you, yes, but the bow was designed to kill so in that event it just means it is doing its job.

• Hegelian says:

“How exactly does one impale themselves on an arrow they themselves shot?”

When jumping on a trampoline? Seriously? You didn’t see all of those times when they almost shot themselves in the leg, or could have landed wrong in a way that could have impaled them on an arrow as they tumbled? Really?

• Petzl says:

You asked, OK? [NSFW, Gore]

Basically, there are a couple of ways.  An obvious one: using a bow that has a draw longer than the arrow fired. And not so obvious, using a degraded, carbon-fiber arrow (of any length): it shatters in the split-second you fire it and you drive the splayed fibers into your wrist.

10. Antinous / Moderator says:

And a cat takes an arrow to the neck (and survives.)  Coincidence?

11. John says:

Obligatory Skyrim reference goes here.

• invictus says:

“I was a physics grad student, until…”The scary thing is, UW’s physics club would wholeheartedly back this sort of amusement, and probably pitch in to cover expenses, beer included.

12. kmoser says:

I was waiting for the obligatory “Hey, y’all! Watch this…”

13. Chentzilla says:

Catching arrows while on a trampoline would be much more impressive.

14. ImmutableMichael says:

Trampolining and archery are cool, but it took shotguns, clay pigeons and surfboards to get me off my arse and into the water.

15. Great to see these two dumbasses firing potentially lethal ammunition in a foolhardy way with residential buildings in the background. Maybe for their next attempt at ‘art’ they can try to pump gas while playing with fireworks.

• invictus says:

Admittedly, I didn’t re-watch the entire video, but I could only spot one residential building. Presumably belonging to the authors of the video. I did spot a barn and an outbuilding, however. It would be rather unlikely that another residence is in close proximity to the property. They’re most likely located just north of Waterloo, where there are plenty of farms with ample space for this sort of entertainment.

16. Tom says:

I have never once called the police on a neighbor but if I saw this off the balcony of my apartment that would change.