Zombie documentary from "The People v George Lucas" crew needs your support

MC Frontalot sez, "From the folks who made The People Vs. George Lucas (in which I am lucky enough to be a talking head), a new documentary about zombies and their place in our culture. Simon Pegg and Alex Cox are in the teaser trailer. Looks like the filmmakers need $30,000 in the next six days if they're going to fan-fund this thing. Since tPvGL did so well, I'm guessing that more traditional avenues are open to them if this fails. But I think it's way cooler for the audience to make this thing their own."

Brought to the screen by the creators of the groundbreaking participatory doc THE PEOPLE vs. GEORGE LUCAS, and co-hosted by Geekscape’s own Jonathan London and Red Letter Media’s infamous Mr. Plinkett, DOC OF THE DEAD will delve deep into the myriad crevasses of zombie culture to deliver the first-ever in-depth look at a contemporary social pandemic of global proportions. Shot and edited in a cinematically edgy, high-octane style, DOC OF THE DEAD will host a rich and entertaining dialogue with zombie experts and celebrities, seek participation from YouTubers and indie filmmakers, and examine viral cultural trends to explore the possibility and ramifications of an actual zombie outbreak with sociologists, virologists, chemists, and members of the Zombie Research Society.

DOC OF THE DEAD (Thanks, Frontalot!)

9 Responses to “Zombie documentary from "The People v George Lucas" crew needs your support”

1. Ladyfingers says:

I say let it die. If it somehow starts up again it was meant to be.

2. yupgiboy says:

“Shot and edited in a cinematically edgy, high-octane style”

That’s EXACTLY the point where they lost me.

3. SedanChair says:

If you are still writing or making movies about zombies, I want the market to punish you with failure.

• Tynam says:

Movies about zombies, sure.  Documentaries about movies about, there’s still room for.  You can hardly expect the academic analysis to happen at the same speed as the original trend, and indeed I wouldn’t want it to.

• SedanChair says:

I don’t want academic analysis, I want this fad to fucking vanish without a trace

• MatthewFabb says:

The Walking Dead is one of the most rated tv shows on right now outside of sports. This doc might be struggling to get enough supporters, but the market is right now saying “More zombies! MORE!!”

If it isn’t your cup of tea, no problem, you could always just ignore it, as it doesn’t look like it is going away any time soon. It doesn’t even seem to have reached it’s peak yet.

4. sarahnocal says:

“contemporary social pandemic of global proportions”

You don’t get out much, do you.