TOM THE DANCING BUG: Bill O'Reilly's "Leave It to Beaver" Nightmare!

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH President Obama is determined to destroy Bill O'Reilly's "traditional America" of Ward, June, Wally and the Beave.

BE THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK to see Tom the Dancing Bug every week! Members of the elite and prestigious INNER HIVE get the comic in their inboxes at least a day before publication -- and much, much MORE!

Please click HERE for information. Thank you.

Please click HERE for information. Thank you.

Published 7:05 am Wed, Nov 21, 2012

More at Boing Boing

The 1944 science fiction story that predicted the atomic bomb

In 1944, fully a year before the first successful nuclear test, Astounding Science Fiction magazine published a remarkably detailed description of an atomic bomb in a story called Deadline. The story, by the otherwise undistinguished author Cleve Cartmill, sent military intelligence racing to discover the source of his information — and his motives for publishing it.

Tikis of Bora Bora

Mark Frauenfelder returns from vacation with a substantially-enlarged collection of tiki photographs.

33 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: Bill O'Reilly's "Leave It to Beaver" Nightmare!”

1. esquire says:

I think I’m going to vote for Obama.

2. Adam L. Cox says:

This is brilliant. I say we put together a Kickstarter to have this placed on billboards across the country.

3. mindysan33 says:

I think he revealed much of his thinking when he started whining about white establishment being in the minority now…  I also instantly started hearing Black Flag’s White Minority in my head when this story originally came out right after the election:

But it keeps morphing into Police story in my head for some reason…  I :-/

4. Ramone says:

LOVE IT!

5. wysinwyg says:

Maybe the best Tom the Dancing Bug I’ve seen yet.

6. millie fink says:

Perfect.

Conservatives are being forced awake from their dream of white picket fences. About time!

• Shava Nerad says:

Sadly the conservatives of the modern day have been duped into conflating conservatism (keeping the baby from being thrown out with the bathwater) with right wing thinking (preserving power and money for the traditional power base).

These factions are not necessarily natural allies, but they’ve been spun into an unholy alliance, and this strip kind of illustrates where that dissonance breaks down and comes together.

When was the last time you heard them discussed outside of equivalencies in the press?Race was a great uniter of the right wing and the white conservative lower class in the 1800s.  We live under that shadow but we’ve lost the history of it since.  Jester figures like Archie Bunker in All in the Family tried to point this dissonance out, and did a pretty good job — but didn’t go far enough to really drill the history into people’s heads.I recommend Howard Zinn. ;)

7. Robert says:

I can’t get rid of the laugh tracks that keep going off in my head!

8. Bruce Evans says:

I conservatives like O’Reilly don’t want to regress to 1960 — more like 1910!

9. BillGlover says:

I would so donate to a kickstarter to see this turned into a Jack Chick style booklet. I’ll take 500.

• spocko says:

Well until then be sure to 1) Like it, 2) Tweet it 3) Stumble upon it 4) +1 it on Google plus, 5) Email a link to your family/friends 6) post a link to it on your blog 7) Join Rubin’s “Inner Hive” to support his work http://gocomics.typepad.com/tomthedancingbugblog/2012/05/join-the-inner-hive.html

All these things gets the comic out their RIGHT NOW before the Jack Chick style booklet can be made.

10. John Napsterista says:

Look closely at the first panel.  On that night stand.  Proof positive why this is the greatest comic in the world.  Well done once again, TTDB!

11. get_a_freaking_grip says:

ha ha, I get it! If you disagree with Obama, you’re a racist!

12. O’Reilly’s sheets are not WHITE enough…

13. What a silly name… Beaver.

14. ocker3 says:

Obama’s pose in Panel 4 actually reminds me of a photo of a famous Marine, Chesty Puller, standing around with his hands in his pockets

15. Neil says:

I like the shift to dreaming in black and white.