12 Responses to “Boston Terrier pup flips over into food bowl”

1. Aaron Swain says:

Apparently this happens to Boston Terriers a lot.

2. Tavie says:

I want. I want. can I have? o, puppy…

3. just the shot of dopamine i was looking for.  thank you.

4. thatbob says:

“His head is about the right size.  It’s just that his tail is too small,” said a Tyrannosaurus rex.

5. voiceinthedistance says:

It should be obvious to this puppy that his head is acting as a lever to the fulcrum of his front legs, and the mass of his head is too great to overcome the additional length offered by his hind quarters.

I mean, has this puppy been taught nothing?

I think this reflects quite poorly on the state of canine education in the United States.

6. howaboutthisdangit says:

Puppy needs some pint-sized ankle weights.  Or maybe a some sort of chin tripod.

7. Fef says:

It’s not a heavy-head-on-one-end-of-a-fulcrum effect. From the shoulders up, puppy’s posture is pretty normal, even while the lower back starts hyperextending. Muscle hypertonicity: Also seen with Bichon-Frise, and may be similar to the genetic tendency for episodic falling seen in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, a breed burdened with reconciling its pompous name with funny videos of ridiculous falls.

8. Leo says:

Awwww yeee, face down, ass up! Oh that’s right, it’s a boston terrier puppy.

9. Anon says:

Really?  To me, this video is just sad.  It seems inhumane to breed animals whose heads are so disproportionately big that natural birth is risky at best.  (Apparently it causes problems when eating, too.)  If you need an experienced veterinary surgeon just for whelping pups, that might be a sign that the breed standard needs to be adjusted.