Scottie Puppy Pinwheel

What is a Scottie Pinwheel? Glad you asked. (HT: Joe Sabia)

26 Responses to “Scottie Puppy Pinwheel”

1. mtdna says:

The centrifugal force on their tails must be incredible! Or is it centripetal? I better go ask the hamsters…

2. carlogesualdodivenosa says:

It wasn’t me, it was the guy on my right.

3. jimkirk says:

Does it spin the other way south of the equator?

4. welcomeabored says:

Loved the ‘Got Milk?’ milk mustaches at the end!

• welcomeabored says:

Our dog has an upset digestive tract today, so I drove to the vet’s to pick up some food that will be calming for him, after a short fast.  While I was there, I asked the tech to pull up BB on her computer and showed the staff this video.  Laughs and giggles from all!  They thought the reason the dogs are circling is because so little goat’s milk is poured into a big doughnut-shaped dish where there isn’t enough room for their muzzles and noses to get to the milk, so they turn sideways and follow the path of the milk.  The largest-headed in the litter determines the direction the siblings walk.  Also, puppies are greedy.  Milk taken from a sibling is tastier.

• noah django says:

>The largest-headed in the litter determines the direction the siblings walk.

maybe not.  these guys prefer clockwise, but when my german shepherd gets excited because we’re going to go outside, she circles around me–counter-clockwise only.  every.  single.  time.  from when I got her at four-months-old through this very day (she’ll be five y.o. in april.)  Counter-clockwise only.  believe me, I’ve been keeping track.

so it makes me curious if this litter of Scotties does clockwise habitually, or if my dog is just weird, or what.

• WinstonSmith2012 says:

Canine rotation depends upon the Earth hemisphere they reside in combined with the declination of the local magnetic field.  RPMs are determined by magnetic field strength.

• noah django says:

well, thank goodness I can put that conundrum to rest, and I look forward to experimenting with my dog in Australia!  kudos!

5. mack says:

My family has always had scotties. Awesome, tough, clever and witty as hell. You have to be around ‘em for a while to see it, but yes, scotties have a fantastic and bona fide sense of humor.

6. Trevour says:

I am imagining calliope music playing in the background.

7. TheMadLibrarian says:

That can fill in as a unicorn chaser.

8. daemonsquire says:

That’s right, who needs all of Cyriak’s video editing software?

9. eljefe900 says:

Perpetual Puppy Pinwheel Power! http://i.imgflip.com/gwpa.gif

10. Ipo says:

What is a Scottie Pinwheel? That link seems broken.

11. robcat2075 says:

It’s all done with magnets.

12. bkdotcom says:

The internet is for cat videos!
    Get those adorable puppies out of my tubes!

13. axoplasm says:

But the real question is: what did Jesus say in the Book Of Nigel? And why did the early church FATHERS omit the Gospel of Analise?

14. princessalex says:

For a second towards the end, I thought they were going to turn the other direction!  :-)

15. BrianOman says:

Cyriak videos have gotten really boring! At least he didn’t put his own music to this one.

16. Better than a unicorn!