Elfquest: I can't leave them

Enjoy the latest page of Elfquest. First time reader? Catch up at the comic's official homepage.

By Wendy and Richard Pini at 8:00 am Mon, Feb 25, 2013

The latest page of The Final Quest: Prologue is published online first for the first time here at Boing Boing. First time reader? You're a few issues behind.

Published 8:00 am Mon, Feb 25, 2013

About the Author

Conceived in the heat of creativity early 1977. Born in the throes of Ypsilantean adversity on February 28, 1978. Entering that long golden afternoon even now.

22 Responses to “Elfquest: I can't leave them”

1. Penny Lehew says:

AAAWWW!!  :-)   I had a feeling Sunstream would not be returning to the Holt very soon.

2. David Miz says:

Awwwwwwwww!  The last panel makes my heart happy!  And I like that the reason why Sunstream hasn’t sent out his “uber send” to connect all the elves on the World of Two Moons is illuminated.

But now I’m worried about what’s going to happen with Skywise “flying solo.”

3. kantis says:

This scene didn’t come out of nowhere. Skywise did miss out on raising his own daughter, but he was there to help raise Sunstream. Just remember that scene in Kings of the Broken Wheel #2  where he helps little Suntop cope with  his “old noisy skull” by swinging him between the wolves with Cutter.

4. O’WOW!!!!!!  I love this new page!! Very peaceful and touching, very cool how Sunstream is protective of his mother new family & tribe

5. That last panel!!! <3<3<3 Can you hear me squeeing? XD

6. …DOUBLE SQUEE.. oh the love!!!

7. Very Sweet…. Hey wait a minute…. Don’t wolves eat fish?

8. Second panel…. and so….. is that swimwear he has on or is that…. um…. Something else?

9. Mar Lak says:

love Skywise in the second panel. Reminds me of the first drawings…*sigh*

10. Marjolein Verheij says:

When and why -did- Suntop change into Sunstream?

•  When he united the Wolfrides and the Wavedancers. He is know as Sunstream to the Wavedancers, and so now that is his name for the Wolfriders too.

• cynthia butts says:

When he entered the Palace – the Egg – and was guided by the FirstComer – forgot her name, the one with white hair – and Savah of the Desert Tribe, also one of the FirstComers – he was put into a cocoon where he underwent a transformation to enhance his gift of telepathy and potential to unite all the tribes. He came out physically different from his Wolfrider family who is short in stature. He now resembles more to the FirstComers – the first elves who came to the place they now inhabit.  Upon his transformation, he was also given a new name – from Suntop to Sunstream. I assume “stream” is a tribute to his telepathic gift which is different from the “sending” ability that elves have. Strangely enough, the Wavedancers resemble more closely to the FirstComers physically other than the water-related features such as gills and webbing.

However, to me, he will always be Suntop, the darling little boy well loved by the Wolfriders. :-)

• kantis says:

I just read Full Circle that David Miz linked to above. Sunstream definitely gets his new tribename there, when he is still shorter than Cutter. Go read it, it’s really good!

• Erika Westberg says:

Editing my earlier comment. Savah isn’t a firstcomer, she’s a child of them like Ekuar, and Sunstream gets his new tribename in the story linked by others. But you’re right about the transformation and his name would be fitting with that interpretation as well, it is shown to be that in the other story as well.

11. Tavie says:

Yeah, not sure where everyone is getting that Sunstream got his new name from the Wavedancers – has nothing to do with the Wavedancers, although it works nicely with his new affiliation with them! :)

Read “Full Circle”. It’s a great story.

12. Puffball says:

Aaaww, nice to see that Skywise still thinks of Yun.  Can’t wait to see the wise looks everyone gets when Skywise and Leetah say that Sunstream stayed so he could be a dad.