Beach House video starring Ray Wise

The new Beach House video for "Wishes" was directed by Eric Wareheim (Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) and features Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, Reaper, classic 70's TV), horses &  fireworks. It takes place during a sort of demented halftime show. It's fantastic.

20 Responses to “Beach House video starring Ray Wise”

1. Kenmrph says:

Ray Wise looks like he’s aged a good 5 or 6 years since Twin Peaks

2. penguinchris says:

The song is strongly reminiscent of some of the music from Twin Peaks, but definitely less weird by itself (the Twin Peaks music is bizarre even separated from the show) – which they then make up for with the weird video of course.

3. Mere words cannot express the ineffable bliss that suffuses my very being as a result of viewing this video.

The owls are not what they seem.

And damn, it’s great to see Ray Wise. We have the same initials, you know.

4. naufragio says:

I like the Eric cameo midway thru — in case you weren’t sure what you were watching, here’s a tip…

5. millie fink says:

Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed that shit.

6. Man… seeing Beach House live must melt your brian

7. ebiii says:

Holy Shit that was nice!  I’ve been working on a music video recently (mostly 3D rendered) and I could not help seeing this piece as a storyboard.  The director is genius.  The shots just melt together.  Really, really well executed.  And yeah, that Twin Peaks feel to the music.

8. feetleet says:

The shit you fogeys got named.

9. robuluz says:

The song is awesome, I’m gonna look these guys up. I’d probably prefer a more traditional treatment for the video, I think Eric’s style is a little shouty, but that probably just means I’m an old fart who doesn’t ‘get’ the kids these days, so you know, why do I bother.

Edit: Just listened to Bloom on Youtube. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Just reminiscent enough of Cocteau Twins to stir me, while not really sounding anything like them. Thanks Amy!

Edit edit: After some thought, I think my comments above are restricted to the work as a video for the song. viewing the song as a soundtrack to the video, I enjoy the whole thing much more.

10. Preston Sturges says:

R. Crumb would have liked those cheerleaders.

11. Drabula says:

Excellent stuff. Kind of in the same category as Serafinowicz’s Hot Chip vid.

12. vonbobo says:

LOVELY! (sorry for shouting!)

13. holygoddamn batman.

beach house = awesome

ray wise = awesome

14. Doc_S says:

From us over here in B’more… you’re welcome. ;)  And y’all just think we’re a vast swath of The Wire punctuated by running gun battles.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I always thought that you lived in a vast swath of early rock and roll punctuated by 300-lb drag queens sex-dancing down the streets.