Enraged man goes on bulldozer rampage over fence-placement

31 Responses to “Enraged man goes on bulldozer rampage over fence-placement”

1. awjt says:

Sounds like Vermont.  Recently some guy was pissed at the local Sheriffs and drove his tractor over 4 or 5 police cars, then was driving home.  They chased him on foot down the street, with weapons drawn, naturally.

2. big ryan says:

if now isn’t the time to talk about bulldozer control, when is?

• Brainspore says:

You actually do need a license to operate a bulldozer.

• theophrastvs says:

..and most likely insurance.  and via that unlikely source might come some indirect aid to the sorry state of the hinted at issue.

• Navin_Johnson says:

If only bullets were as slow as bulldozers…

• s2redux says:

Not calling BS on this, just curious as to where you are that a license is needed to operate earth-moving equipment. I rent heavy equipment a couple of times a year, and I’m only asked for papers-please when the towing vehicle requires a CDL to drive — if I can pull it behind my pickup the only credentials I need to supply are little slips of cash.

• Brainspore says:

I’m not sure about the specifics in Washington state but I was under the impression that anything as large as the machine pictured above usually requires a Heavy Equipment Operator License.

• Navin_Johnson says:

You probably don’t need one, but the gun control “joke” falls completely flat regardless of any of that.

• wiredfool says:

You might need a license to to operate one on the street, or insurance to operate as a contractor, but there’s really nothing preventing people from driving them on their property. I’ve driven a friend’s backhoe loader, they’re quite fun to drive in a safe and sane manner. He’s also got an excavator and a dozer on his property.

• Brainspore says:

I used a backhoe loader back when I worked as a laborer but I wasn’t allowed to drive some of the heavier equipment without being certified first. Not sure where this particular machine falls on that list.

• Aaron Bockelie says:

Not on your own land. I don’t think they issue licenses to randomly destroy your neighbor’s homes though.

• angusm says:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a bulldozer is a good guy with a bulldozer … which sounds like it would be awesome to watch.

3. angusm says:

Huh, call that a bulldozer rampage? This is a bulldozer rampage …

• CastanhasDoPara says:

I remember this. Have to say the man was dedicated to his cause. Even as nut-bag insane as it was.

4. Trevel says:

To be fair, if *I* had a bulldozer, I’d be digging random holes too.

• fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

I’m fairly sure that there is no such thing as a ‘random’ hole, just a hole governed by logic incomprehensible to drivers of lesser vehicles…

5. chgoliz says:

Seemingly random holes?  In the middle of the night?  I suggest that be looked into.

• bcsizemo says:

I’m pretty sure that they left off the end of that quote.  The part where he sometimes digs seemingly random holes with a bulldozer late at night, while intoxicated.

6. timquinn says:

Took out a double wide. Damn shame.

7. euansmith says:

Never met the man, but I’m pretty sure he’s a bit of a knob.

8. planettom says:

He should try the Sturgeon defense:   His bulldozer blade hit a mysterious blue rock / ancient ruin, which released an energy creature that possessed his bulldozer, turning it into a Killdozer.

9. Nadreck says:

There was a “Malcom in the Middle” episode about the terrible addiction some people have to crushing things with construction equipment.

10. Jason Jeffrey says:

The Mighty Komatsu D355A Killdozer:

11. The machine’s home is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=48.108037,-123.39169&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&z=18
    The demolished buildings are SW, on the corner of N Baker St and E Ryan Dr. The google maps image looks to be from 2011, and doesn’t show one of the homes that was demolished.

12. Ashley Yakeley says:

Christ, what an asshole.

13. tyashima says:

I witnessed the tank that happened in San Diego nearly 20 years ago. The bulldozer is scary, but not as much as an M-60 tank running through neighborhoods, over cars, and on the freeway. http://goo.gl/mjBxt