Offbeat Bride celebrates the wedding of Anli and Laura, two Australian gamer-geek women who had a genuinely awesome wedding! I would have blogged this yesterday, but I was off celebrating my own anniversary (we were married in Toronto's weird white-elephant castle, Casa Loma, in steampunk drag, by a magician in Templar robes who recited Jabberwocky and made the rings appear in gouts of flame).
We wanted a ceremony that reflected our geeky, romantic, pink aesthetic, while at the same time being profound and meaningful. Our ceremony was themed around the video game Portal and the anime series Revolutionary Girl Utena.
We incorporated lots of geeky details, from the table names (Revolution, Sierra, Katara and GLaDOS) to the choice of music. We also kept several traditional elements such as bouquets, dresses and bridesmaids. However, we both walked down the aisle unaccompanied and skipped the garter/bouquet toss.
- Zombie-themed wedding – Boing Boing
- Contemporary wedding video shot in grainy 8mm black and white …
- Dalek wedding cake – Boing Boing
- Gundam-themed wedding – Boing Boing
- Steampunk robot wedding-cake topper – Boing Boing
- Wedding Ring Cipher contest winners – Boing Boing
- Polyhedral dice cake – Boing Boing
- Zombie wedding cake topper – Boing Boing