Made of opaque aluminum, this $150 gadget hooks up to a proper cellphone and makes all the right moves and noises. It was "made in response to countless requests from Star Trek fans all over the world," so you can stop asking now.
For nearly 50 years, 700 hours of content from six television series and eleven movies, has made Star Trek into an entertainment and pop culture icon across the world. With its visionary philosophy and thrill for adventure, Star Trek continues to boldly go into new territories, as the rebooted film franchise goes on to wow new audiences. The Wand Company's Star Trek Original Series Communicator is the most accurate replica ever made, designed using the first ever structured-light 3D scans taken of the Alpha Hero Prop, crammed full of advanced technology, bringing new levels of action and immersion for Star Trek fans of all ages.
• First fully working wireless Communicator
• Bluetooth® Handset for pairing with Bluetooth® enabled mobile cellular phones
• Constructed from pressed metal, die cast metal, machined aluminum and textured ABS to replicate the original hero prop
• Magnetic stand, with metal base and multi-colour LED charge status illumination
• Built-in lithium polymer battery with wireless charging, just place on stand to automatically charge the power cell • High quality molded polyurethane foam-lined transit case
• High quality speaker, great for hands-free calls and even playing music streaming from any bluetooth enabled audio player
• high quality MEMS microphone for crystal clear call quality
• Will delight collectors
• Wide range of authentic sound effects and conversation fragments from the Star Trek Universe
You can pre-order now. It ships January 2016.
Star Trek The Original Series Communicator Bluetooth Handset [Startrek.com via The Verge]