UK politics are in disarray: the leaders of the Conservative and UK Independence Parties have both quit; the Tory leadership race is a neverending night of the long knives and the Blairite wing of the Labour Party can't figure out which dice-lawyers to trust on their roll for initiative.
But with Angela Eagle sure to make (another) bid for Corbyn's job (seemingly with the complicity of former Corbyn ally Tom Watson), Paul "Postcapitalism" Mason has drafted a set of five questions the press should -- must -- put to Eagle when they cover her bid:
1. Jeremy Corbyn apologised on behalf of the Labour Party for the war in Iraq. Unlike him, you voted for it. Will you apologise? [ ] Yes [ ] No
2. Gloria De Piero MP used right wing newspaper The Sun, which is reviled on Merseyside, to urge non-members to join Labour to overthrow Corbyn. Do you support Gloria’s call in The Sun?
[ ] Yes [ ] No
3. Jeremy Corbyn joined the junior doctors picket line and supported their strike. Will you support the junior doctor’s strike? [ ] Yes [ ] No
4. Labour Party rules say the existing leader should be on the ballot paper in a leadership contest. Do you agree? [ ] Yes [ ] No
5. If Jeremy Corbyn wins the leadership for a second time will you take the Labour whip in Parliament? [ ] Yes [ ] No
Five questions for Angela Eagle
The latest tally on House members who favor beginning impeachment inquiry hearings against President Donald J. Trump is now at 77.
A GLAAD study claims that the number of young Americans comfortable with LGBTQ people has fallen from 53% to 45%, the second consecutive annual drop. Variety: Scenarios for the survey included learning a family member is LGBT, learning my doctor is LGBT, having LGBT members at my place of worship, seeing an LGBT co-worker’s wedding […]
Sheelah Kolhatkar's 10,000 word New Yorker profile of Elizabeth Warren is mostly a "color piece," giving a sense of where Warren is coming from, personally and politically; as such, it's a good read, but mostly redundant if you've already read Warren's (very good) 2018 book This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's […]
Looking for a new tablet? If you haven’t upgraded in a while, it might be time to check out the latest iPad Pro for two very good reasons. First, the 2018 model is a real workhorse. The 12X Bionic chip processor means it can handle any task you set out for it, and still have […]
You want wireless earbuds to make an impact on your mood and workout, not the environment. If that’s the case, we’ve got a new contender for AirPod market share: Brio Phantom X7 True Wireless Earbuds. The features on these tiny, comfortable buds are impressive even without the environmental angle. Their Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity is good […]
We don’t ask for much out of our charging cables: Juice up our phone, do it fast and don’t break. It’s supposed to be simple, but keeping your phone plugged in for the night – as most of us do – can actually degrade the life of your battery by overheating it. That’s why one […]