Woman arrested for arguing over Chinese food order, then biting restaurant owner's ear

In Michigan, a woman was arrested on charges that she bit off part of a man's ear, while she was fighting with him at a Chinese restaurant over food she'd ordered. The victim does not speak English as a first language, and had a hard time communicating. The woman who attacked him immediately lost custody of her child as a consequence.

From the local news report on WXYZ:

According to deputies, they were called to China 1 Restaurant in Mt. Clemens around 9:40 p.m. When they arrived, they found a man with his ear partially bitten off and a woman with a large bump on her forehead.

Deputies say 24-year-old Jade Anderson walked ito the restaurant complaining about her order. She was complaining to the owners, who are also the victims in the assault.

Due to a language barrier, the victim's son translated what Anderson was saying to his parents. That's when Anderson allegedly pushed the son and threw her food onto the floor. She then started assaulting the female victim, and the male victim stepped in to protect his wife.

That's when Anderson started assaulting the man. As she was pushed out of the store, she bit the man on the ear, partially detaching it.

A sign on the restaurant Friday afternoon said it was closed "for some reasons."

From the Detroit Free Press:

The son, who a witness described as being possibly 10 or 11 years old, is heard on a chaotic-sounding 911 call asking for help. He tells 911 that a woman is hitting and hurting his mother and that the woman also punched him in the face when he tried to help his mom.

"I'm scared," he told 911, "Can you please come?"

Despite the yelling in the background, the son provided the address and what he was seeing, including a description of Anderson and her alleged actions. He apparently tell Anderson during the call: "I saw you hit her first."

"I think he did a great job," Yax said of the son.

The husband was taken to a local hospital, and his wife was treated for her injuries, the sheriff's office said. Yax said the son was not hurt.

Deputies learned that Anderson had a small child unsupervised at her home. They went to her residence and turned the child, who was unharmed, over to a responsible adult, according to the release.

Yax said she did not have the age of the child, but said the child was given to someone of the mother's choosing.