My "bee"-obsessed young son will not be delighted to see the addition of bees to Minecraft, as he is still too young to have played Minecraft or, indeed, to have become cognizant of the difference between bees and other winged insects.
We're buzzing with excitement!
• Bees are cute, fuzzy, neutral mobs
• Don't hurt them, they don't want to hurt you
• If a bee does sting you, it will leave its stinger in you and eventually die, dropping nothing :(
• Bees love pretty flowers and spend their lives gathering pollen from them
• After gathering pollen, bees fly back to their home nest
• Bees help you by growing crops while carrying pollen back to the nest
• Bees can be bred using flowers
• Bees like sharing the location of their favorite flowers with other bees
• If a bee can't find nectar, after a while it will return home for a bit
• If a bee doesn't have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one it can use
• Bees don't like the rain and they sleep at night. They will go back to the nest in these cases
In keeping with Minecraft's rougueish leanings, there's an entire ecology of honey production to go with it. Can't wait!