Hussein Chalayan's latest tech couture is lovely.

14 Responses to “Hussein Chalayan's latest tech couture is lovely.”

1. Shawn Wolfe says:

Mondo 1991

2. monkey says:

a nice sleek unitard has a much cleaner line than those baggy leotards the models were sporting. how could a designer not be attentive to such a detail? sadly, whatever effect he was going for was lost with all strobes going off during their walk. although, i achieve a similar effect every december when untangling my christmas lights.

Good luck getting on a plane with those fashions.

Better stick with flip-flops, muscle shits and plum smugglers.

4. ployntabs says:

Yes, Borg was what I was thinking. Sort of reminds me of these photos in Life magazine of girls wearing dressers or televisions and coming off as futuristic. Problem is; our current girls look like an episode of TNG from the eighties. So is this retro couture?

5. MarkM says:

The music was amazing…

6. arkizzle says:

#4

“” a nice sleek unitard has a much cleaner line than those baggy leotards the models were sporting. how could a designer not be attentive to such a detail? “”

How do you know what was and wasn’t deliberate?

7. inboulder says:

Don’t make those famine victims carry around extra weight, they’re already about to snap in half, although I’m sure there’s a gay man somewhere that thinks they look good.

8. jjbuilder says:

well, clearly #4 *ain’t* a designer otherwise he would have noticed that wrinkles and baggy folds were very much a theme of the collection and so yes it probably WAS deliberate

9. Antinous says:

I’m sure there’s a gay man somewhere that thinks they look good.

O hai. I’m glad to see that you’ve finally figured out that anorexia is a plot hatched by gay men to kill the women of the world and use their husbands and boyfriends as sex slaves. What took you so long to catch on?

10. artbot says:

We have vastly different definitions of the word “lovely”.

I’m often caught completely off guard by the selection of music for runway shows. It’s usually something I’ve never heard before and quite appropriate. I wonder if runway music sounds as sexy and adventurous without the backdrop of supermodels? Having said all that, does anyone know who did that awesome number they were playing?

12. sayeth says:

Cybergirls can has cheeseburger?

13. Steaming Pile says:

Great. The Borg are assimilating our supermodels.

14. jwb says:

It’s hard to tell if the skin job on the left is a mannequin or what.