Today's XKCD: "Starwatching"

10 Responses to “Today's XKCD: "Starwatching"”

1. ethan says:

Judging from the like two seconds that I talked to him at the meetup in Boston, Randall’s wicked nice. And kind of really cute. He signed my wallet and I fainted.

2. bursilak says:

OK seriously, does anyone know how we can nominate Randall for a Nobel Literature Prize?

3. Vanwall says:

xkcd and boingboing are a dangerous mix – at one point while giving my son a ride home, we had a serious discussion about picking up a cape and goggles and dropping them off at Mysterious Galaxy for Cory Doctorow’s appearance there that day. Missed that window of op – no capes to be found on short notice. Damn. Have to plan ahead better, I guess, but it was a spur-of-the-moment thingie.

4. Evil Jim says:

I groaned when I first saw this because I knew it would feature on BoingBoing withing five minutes.

5. LaHaine says:

As always with xkcd, don’t forget to read the alt text (just hover your mouse over the image).

6. ridestowe says:

hah thats awesome! xkcd never disappoints ;)

and thanks for the tip lahaine, i’ve been reading xkcd for almost a year now and didnt know about the mouse hovering trick!

7. historyman68 says:

while we’re on topic, Dinosaur Comics (qwantz.com), Overcompensating (overcompensating.com), Achewood (achewood.com) all use alt text too. I’m not Firefox -savvy enough to do those plugins, so I usually just open them up in Safari.

8. Thad E Ginataom says:

Ridestowe: now you get to go over the whole xkcd archive and enjoy it all over again! Hint: Firefox truncates those mouseover texts, there’s an addin that prevents it doing that. Its mentioned somewhere on the xkcd site.

Joel: many thanks for the NYTimes article link.

BoinbBoing: Too many thanks for introducing me to xkcd, now a three-times-a-week part of my life.

Oh, and xkcd: Thanks for making me feel that I too can be a superhero — because I know regular expressions!

9. cha0tic says:

Dr McNinja does the Alt text thing as well.