ComicCon's best Star Wars costumes

11 Responses to “ComicCon's best Star Wars costumes”

1. whysteriastar says:

I posted a bunch of my comic con costume pics on my blog:

2. Jeff says:

It’s great time. But my Jedi robe and high boots were just too fracking hot to wear for long. So I stripped right down to the Superman costume that I use as underwear. The cape is a real pain in the ass (well, you’ve got to stow somewhere)!

3. Moon says:

I see the Lego meme represented, but no STEAMPUNK!!!

4. Sork says:

I think there will be much more Star Trek next year as the new movie is out. Star Wars have had a lot of movies and had attention for many years.

5. webmonkees says:

I went to one of those conventions and saw some performances from the 501st troopers, and I admire their coordination; always plenty of Stormtroopers, but only one Darth..

They must hold an election or something.

6. Bonnie says:

If you go to the entire set of photos here you’ll see some steampunk stuff like this one:

I was more surprised that there was almost no Star Trek costumes aside from a few Klingons here and there.

Comic-Con 2008: Fans in Costume Photos:

7. adonai says:

According to Cracked.com (not the best of sources, I agree) it seems that the one Darth Vader is actually David Prowse. If that is the case, then yes, I wouldn’t want to try to upstage him.

8. Neener says:

I believe David Prowse is in a wheelchair, so he does not appear in costume anymore.

9. lazerdave says:

Didn’t she kill someone in an RV at Burning Man?

10. Zombie says:

@ Moon – the steampunk costumes were few and far between this year. But there was an awesome trio I wished I’d taken a photo of.

That pretty in pink Vader has got to be the winner of all those Star Wars one! I wonder whose idea it was to dress her up like that?

11. minnesotaj says:

My three-year-old daughter would do back-flips around the block for that Princess Vader mash-up.

But then… it was a lot of work for us to make custom Mahna-Mahna costumes last Halloween: not sure we’d be up for this.