CCTV wall-decals

20 Responses to “CCTV wall-decals”

1. eustace says:

These are really tempting. I can think of so many places where they would be “appropriate”. But I might have to apply them very late at night…

2. hassan-i-sabbah says:

Alex,Thanks for pointing that out.I will begin my agitprop sculpture forthwith.Is this acceptable to your cliche-o-meter.
    Not to self- avoid being a cliche – must buy a reeealy cool t-shirt that says “I SMOKE POT!!”

3. Versh says:

@#11
    But it’s the new cliché.

4. Jeff says:

Shouldn’t Hassan I Sabbah have a shirt that says I smoke Hash?

5. hassan-i-sabbah says:

Jeff,the t shirt should be “You smoke hash and KILL at my bidding!”

6. Roger Strong says:

Remember those original Star Trek epsiodes where Kirk & Friends defeat a computer by feeding it oxymorons and contradictions to overload it’s circuits? Remember how the computers reacted?

One of these days the government will attempt to take out Cory Doctorow by erecting beautifully created steam-punk surveillance cameras.

7. Frank_in_Virginia says:

@2 M1K3Y. You are so right, it leaves me speechless too.

8. Sara says:

I love them- but where will I find a wall that doesn’t already have a real camera?

Has anyone considered knitting a CCTV cozy?

10. Alex Mingoia says:

A CCTV sculpture would be awesome. Something like this maybe, http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcivil/2477342691/

Or fake, but realistic CCTV’s installed all over the city?

Oh, I SMOKE POT!!!

11. JFlex says:

What would poor Infiniti think of this free advertising?! Think of the CPMs!

12. Jeff says:

I think it will be interesting when the cameras are simply too small to been seen and can move freely. You know, like little spiders, or birds or whatever. That would solve the problem of crime moving out of the CCTV’s field of vision. Then what?

13. arkizzle says:

#7 SDJ
    … the little cameras get eaten by predators?

Quickly! To sourceforge! To Hack-a-Day!
    We must start designing predators, forthwith!

14. SDJ says:

… the little cameras get eaten by predators?

15. JG says:

Wallfor Studio, keeping Portland, Oregon ahead on the cool curve! Great fun stuff. Love the tram!

16. Jeff says:

Before long we are going to expect that Public Record/s will be able to help us with anything that has happened in public. Any crime, conflict, whatever. It’s going to be an expected oversite just like we expect great cell phone service everywhere. “What do you mean my dog pooped on Ms. Crabtree’s law? Check with Public Oversite; their records will show I just let Rocko lift his leg on her roses. There was no pooping at all!”

17. MarlboroTestMonkey7 says:

Suggestion: go for photorealistic and add shade. It’d work as poor man survelliance state or at least as casual robbery deterrent.

18. Jeff says:

SDJ, I think so. That would be the kind of thing that happens in a Diamond Age world. It’s pretty obvious to me that the world isn’t far from being recorded full time by someone. I think it’s going to be a life expectation for kids born today (like Cory’s baby), to wear some device that will record their life so they can what…? Have enough data to use as a back-up memory for a brain implant? And at that point the athorites will just expect your brain wear to narc on you if you’ve been bad. We’ll end up being our own brown shirts. How Ironic.

19. Alex Mingoia says:

CCTV graffiti, decals, and pastups are cliché.