Haunted Mansion running shoes

14 Responses to “Haunted Mansion running shoes”

1. midnightsimon says:

Boingboing advertising for Disney?! Now I’ve seen everything!

2. Shrdlu says:

To be clear, in Canada I have found they refer to all gum or rubber soled casual shoes with laces “running shoes” or “runners,” much like many areas in the U.S. say “tennis shoes” instead of sneakers. Cory, I believe, is from Toronto.

3. Evil Jim says:

#7 CPT. TIM
    if those are anything like chucks you don’t even want to walk in them. I wore chucks for the better part of my life, and when i took to walking about 7 miles a day i realized how wrong i’d been.

Did you wear insoles? I wear Chucks every day but not without proper insoles that conform more to my foot. It makes all the difference in the world for me. Otherwise yeah, without them Chuks are better off just for a night out.

As much as I like the design on the Haunted Mansion Chuck lookalikes, $75 is a bit much. But damn, they’re tempting.

4. gretagretchen says:

there should be wallpaper of the mansion wallpaper

5. Marsha Keeffer says:

Really exceptional – the Haunted Mansion is one of my favorites. Love the dancing ghosts!

I think having an additional grey-scale version would have attracted more guys. I love the Haunted Mansion but I don’t want to walk around in purple shoes.

7. Cpt. Tim says:

now when i throw on chucks just for a night out, it feels wrong. i just never knew what right felt like beforehand so i assumed they were fine.

8. Shrdlu says:

“Running shoes?” You can take the boy out of Canada….

9. lindsay brothers studios says:

Now, I will undo the laces for you and a Ghost will follow you home! Kindly watch your step, please. Watch your step.

10. Katerade says:

@ MIDNIGHTSIMON:

You must be new(-ish). Doctorow’s relative morality towards Disney is tainted by his childhood nostalgia for one of the worst offenders of intellectual property law. It’s best to either accept or ignore, for future reference.

I’m not sure you’d want to run in those.

12. BarbieHead says:

I am going to this event (and am absolutely thrilled about it). Some of the merch is fantastic, and I’ll definitely be getting the shoes, but I’m more excited about the Tony Baxter seminar and the overall wedding theme of the event.

13. christov says:

They look more like rock climbing shoes. Hence the reinforced rubber toe cap, no heal.

14. TheChickenAndTheRice says:

As a doctor, I have seen far too many patients use shoes like this for running and come down with haunted ankle.