Grinning caterpillar silver dollar pancakes

12 Responses to “Grinning caterpillar silver dollar pancakes”

1. EH says:

Needs a Mr. Bill face.

2. God45 says:

I prefer the Nannerpus.

3. ill lich says:

Oh, sure. . . if there were meal worms in the flour you’d be disgusted, but put a cartoonish happy face on a caterpillar and suddenly it’s OK to eat.

I’ll take the meal worms, thanks. What kind of syrup do you have? What? No butter?! Philistines!

4. PixelFish says:

How about food that wants to exterminate you? I made daleks out of eggs once for my bento: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelfish/2183727281/in/set-72157603676845344/

5. Seraphine says:

What about other animals than caterpillars, though it smiles at me.
    But hey it’s just cookie, so no problem, as long as it tastes good.

6. leopold bloom says:

Here is another fine example of breakfast-art:

(For my namesake it should be charred pork kidney, but I prefer oatmeal.)

7. Tom Hale says:

Just when you think you can pick who wrote which article just by looking at the title, Cory goes and writes this. Cory, Mark writes about pancakes.

But thanks anyway, they look yummy.

8. Takuan says:

“Regrettably to Honorably Terminate Your Continued Existence Witt Extreme But Polite Prejudice!”

This reminds me of my very favorite single Achewood comic strip, where Teodore (a teddy bear) attempts to make Mickey Mouse pancakes for Philipe, a sensitive young otter:

It’s the perfect distillation of a child’s ideas about how the world is, running up against the grim reality :)

10. squidfartz says:

That looks happy and tasty.

11. Spikeles says:

As you impale them upon your forked instrument of torture, they start to bleed maple syrup, their happy smile falls from their face as your maw opens in anticipation of the feast of devouring, they writhe trying to free themselves, realizing too late their only purpose in life is to satiate your irresitable hunger.