Judy Garland impersonater does 40 years of Over the Rainbow in 4 min

19 Responses to “Judy Garland impersonater does 40 years of Over the Rainbow in 4 min”

1. mgfarrelly says:

Every time I see that show “Dollhouse” I think of how PERFECT Ms. Walker would be on that show. The way she shifts from voice to voice, it’s like human mercury. Amazing.

2. MrsBug says:

Her lips! Just watching her lips was making me crazy. I felt mine kind of morphing along to the music, so to speak.

Brilliantly done!

3. Nword says:

Over the rainblow?

That brings so many odd images to mind.

Damn, that’s freaky. She is awesome… :O

5. Roger Stanton says:

A female Judy Garland impersonator? That’s a first.

So, was she sweeping the floor before she started singing? Kinda like someone walked in and asked her, “hey , I know you’re busy doing housework but could you do that Judy Garland thing for me real quick?”

She’s good though.

Wait wait wait….. AND she cries! Catch the tears at the end on her left cheek and lip.

8. thequickbrownfox says:

Not as good as Jane Horrocks.

That was amazing. She went through all five stages of grief: denial, anger, self-pity, bargaining and acceptance, in four minutes. And also wandered from musique guimauve through soul, the blues and into opera. I haven’t seen anything like that since Tom Waits decided to kick Rock-a-billy to the curb and become an old black blues man. Took him forty years.

10. martha_macarthur says:

she doesn’t sound anything like judy garland

11. wil9000 says:

Wonderful and sort of creepy. Dead on in it’s subtlety, moving from the innocence of young Judy, through the overblown, slightly slurring middle, through to the earnest, grasping, crying older Judy. She knows the story, and how to tell it, in a very minimalist way. As you watch the decline, don’t forget that Judy’s mom started her on amphetamines to keep her thin enough to get jobs. Thanks, Mom.

12. Maddy says:

I know this phrase is off-limits now, but once more, before it’s retired for good:

THAT’S SO GAY

13. IamInnocent says:

I love that she cared enough to do it. The voice isn’t Judy’s, obviously since, really, who can get there but one must truly care to imagine and realize this homage.

Considering her unfortunate involvement with drugs, the use of the term ‘morphing’ is not exactly the best choice of words here, not that is, if it is your intention to honor Ms. Garland.

15. ShadowDancer says:

It was fascinating to watch as her face change during the progression. I had the same tears streaking down my face that she did by the end.

A performance from the heart of a song which is both iconic and ironic.

Amazing, truly amazing.

16. gATO says:

Robert Stanton@2: I almost *literally* spat my coffee on my monitor after reading that!

17. PeaceLove says:

That’s an intense and beautiful piece of work.

And let’s not forget, there was no “old” Judy Garland. She died at 47, which every year seems younger and younger to me .

18. Awemaker says:

Jesus.

19. The Unusual Suspect says:

How often do you see such powerful singing combined with such sublime acting?

Than you very much for posting this.