This should be interesting.
Pirate Party Wins and Enters The European Parliament (Thanks, Benno!)
When we asked Pirate Party leader Rick Falkvinge about the outcome, he told TorrentFreak: "We've felt the wind blow in our sails. We've seen the polls prior to the election. But to stand here, today, and see the figures coming up on that screen... What do you want me to say? I'll say anything"
"Together, we have today changed the landscape of European politics. No matter how this night ends, we have changed it," Falkvinge said. "This feels wonderful. The citizens have understood it's time to make a difference. The older politicians have taken apart young peoples' lifestyle, bit by bit. We do not accept that the authorities' mass-surveillance," he added.
- Swedish Pirate Party membership surges after Pirate Bay verdict ...
- Famous Swedish poet explains why he's voting for the Pirate Party ...
- Pirate Party leader talks strategy and tactics - Boing Boing
- German Pirate Party founded - Boing Boing
- US branch of "Pirate Party" launches - Boing Boing
- Sweden's Pirate Party - political arm of the pro-piracy ...
- Pirate Party launches in France - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.