Science fiction moments from the Muppet Show

10 Responses to “Science fiction moments from the Muppet Show”

1. bjacques says:

Damn, but Shields & Yarnell were good! I remember the show they had, but didn’t like it, because of those “space uniforms” they wore in the opening bits. It gave them the same cheesy look as Space Academy, Jason of Start Command, and similar shows. My loss. YouTube have a few clips of them.

2. CraigGNoble says:

The Muppet Show should be nominated for being one of the Best Things in the 20th century.

3. SamSam says:

Wow! Wait, would that even be allowed any more? The poor widdle wabbits!

4. GammaBlog says:

That insane laugh track makes it even more disturbing.

5. jjasper says:

Funny. But not exactly heavily science fictional.

6. Daemon says:

Jim Henson was a god.

7. TroofSeeker says:

The song is from the Disney movie ‘Song of the South’, and I doubt if many of you are familiar with it at all- I hadn’t seen it in over forty years. I told Sterling, a friend of my son, that Disney probably locked it in the vault forever, and that he would never ever see it. It has what could be perceived as a very bad portrayal of black people-lazy and ignorant.
    A couple weeks later Sterling came over and handed me the DVD. Frickin’ internets, huh?! Now I’ve known way too many black people to think of them as lazy and ignorant.
    Judging by their writing skills, it’s the PHD’s I’m starting to worry about.
    d8^)

I work on a kids show and you couldn’t do any of that today. I don’t know what broadcasters are afraid of.

9. Boba Fett Diop says:

More occult than sci-fi, but here’s one of my favorites: Tony Randall and The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God.

10. Johnny Cat says:

Oh how I adore Alan Arkin. And the Muppet Show will be required viewing for my daughter.