The Ancient Book of Sex and Science

12 Responses to “The Ancient Book of Sex and Science”

I’ll point out that the book is totally from a guy’s p.o.v.. So “Guy’s Sex and Guy’s Science” is a better title.

2. Rickyneck says:

Seems like this is shaping up to be an ancient Time-Life series. Sweet!
    It is indeed pretty cool, this books obviously for guys, made by guys.. not an equal representation of what sex is, at least with what is shown in the preview pages.

3. dculberson says:

Pi?

4. jfrancis says:

How could one of these have already sold out and I never heard of it? BoingBoing – shame on you!

(or maybe I missed it)

5. SpokenWurd says:

TH NCNT BK F SX ND SC­NC, wll chck t t. Snds ntrstng!

Mchll Prr, wnr

• Antinous / Moderator says:

SpokenWurd,

You’ve been suspended for blogwhoring. Please contact me if you wish to have your account reinstated.

6. dr says:

The style of the art in these books has an immediate resonance for anyone of my generation. It makes me fantastically happy to know that some of the artists behind the popular media of today have such love and respect for this period.

I would echo J Francis with the “How did I not hear about the other book!” and add – How mean of you to post something I could not resist purchasing immediately!

I did find the other book for a higher cost (I didn’t find it for $30), which I’ll consider getting once I have this one.

Cheers, thank you for posting this! I’ve found quite a few good books from you all posting reviews. =)

8. Josh says:

It’s still in the pre-order phase. According to barnes and noble they become available june 28

the book on war and myth is easily obtainable for $30-40, just search for it-

10. Dean Putney says:

On a trip to the local art store, my roommate and I noticed a little sign for a comic book store on the second floor. Classes were cancelled due to snow, so we decided to check it out.

Upstairs was a clean, neat and beautifully laid out bookshop. The bins of comics most stores would have were replaced with gorgeous displays really showing off the comics’ art.

And there in the back, on a book stand on one of the displays, I spotted this minimalist book cover.

I was lucky to know what it was. The book was in great condition, and I bought it for just $20. Thanks, Mark!

11. 3.14chan says:

Is this made only by pics or there is text in it too?