Matti Laakso tells Boing Boing,
The Acid Symphony Orchestra just published their first video on Vimeo. In a nutshell: 10 early 80's synths (Roland TB-303s - the defining sound of early techno and acid) played manually by Finlands top techno performers, orchestrated by the granddaddy of Nordic techno scene, Jori Hulkkonen.Video here.
The hardware required some serious hacking (this is pre-MIDI gear), courtesy of the Society for Experimental Electronics - a Finnish hacker/maker group.
Their first performance was at UMF (Uuden Musiikin Festivaali, or Festival for New Music) in Turku, Finland in 2007, and they toured Europe over the next two years. A festival documentary is on YouTube (in 3 parts).
- Game-themed Finnish Music Video: "Return of the Ninja Droids," by ...
- Finnish MP proposes week-long "love vacation" law
- A lone Finnish coder (not Linus Torvalds)
- Finnish folk band find a rude airport welcome
- Old people in Finland sure know how to Tisko Tansi
- Crazy art from guys in Finland: Mieskuoro Huutaja
- Finland's first doctor of trolls