Hobbit advance payment fraud letter

10 Responses to “Hobbit advance payment fraud letter”

1. futureboy says:

@5, I agree. This is awesome, but it is way to grammatically correct to be a TRUE 419. I lol’d though.
    @2, I lol’d again.

2. JoshuaZ says:

That’s brilliant. Simply amazing. Are we then going to get similar letters about recovering the Silmarils?

3. ab3a says:

Damn it! Now I’ll never be able to read that book with a straight face.

4. Keir says:

#2 AngusM love it, the news link is a great touch!

5. angusm says:

Dear Friend

You are probably surprised at hearing from me. I am Frodo Baggins, a hobbit of the Shire, adoptive son of Bilbo Baggins, a celebrated TRAVELER and ADVENTURER.

Among the many valuable objects bequeathed to me by Mr Baggins on the occasional of his departure is a MAGICAL RING, having the property of making its wearer invisible. Research conducted by my associate, Gandalf the Grey, has disclosed that this ring was previously the property of one Sauron of Mordor, a DARK LORD, and that the ring had been taken from him and subsequently LOST by Isildur of Gondor. Please see this news item at http://news.bbc.co.uk/… concerning the MUTILATION of Mr Sauron and subsequent DEATH of Mr Isildur.

I need your assistance in exporting this RING from the Shire and delivering it to the Cracks of Doom, Mordor. In exchange for your kindly cooperation in this matter, I will be pleased to pay you a FEE amounting to 10% of my uncle’s wealth, currently valued at 1,000,000 (ONE MILLION) Gondorian gold coins.

I must impress on you the need to treat this matter in the strictest CONFIDENCE, as any disclosure could result in unwanted attention from the UNDEAD SERVANTS of Sauron known as ringwraiths.

I remain, yours etc.

F. Baggins, Bag End, Hobbiton, The Shire.

6. cinemajay says:

Bilbo totally should have called a lawyer.

/hilarious, btw.

7. Kevin Carson says:

I’m surprised there aren’t more email scam letters from Stuart pretenders: “Bonnie Prince Wally, the King Across I-95 From Brant’s Buick Dealership.”

8. ihakes says:

Only problem: not nearly enough spelling errorrs.

9. nanuq says:

Thorin and his cronies were even worse than email scam artists. They came to Bilbo’s house and ate all his food before making their sales pitch.

10. kc0bbq says:

Thorin,

Somehow I got copied on this email. Can I get in on this, too? I have some friends who would be interested as well.

Bard