Rich Fulcher gives Hollywood the finger.

21 Responses to “Rich Fulcher gives Hollywood the finger.”

1. Roach says:

Wait, does the humor come from a grown man and self-styled comedian, which is a creative profession, being unable to think of anything better to do than something only 13-year-olds find amusing and daring? Or is it that it contains so little actual humor that it’s ironic? Does that eat itself?

Maybe I just don’t get it.

After a bit of experimentation, I’m willing to bet that his strange, thumb-raised version of giving-the-finger is because, if you’re going to be doing it for a long time it’s less of a hand-strain than the more common thumb-folded-over-the-second-and-forth-finger version. Any physiotherapists care to confirm?

3. Felix Mitchell says:

other than actors, he only flipped off two people, one was asleep and the other couldn’t see his finger behind the menu.

That is pretty damned lame. When he comes to London he’d better flip some people off properly.

Also, the V sign is not ‘the finger’ or ‘flipping off’.

I wonder how the police will react to a flash mob giving the bird to Big Ben, given the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 makes it illegal to protest within half a mile of Parliament Square without a pre-arranged permit.

5. JacobZ says:

Sad so many don’t seem to get it. I laughed myself blue. My only complaint is that all the torrents I see are for Toby Keith but that’s my failing, not Fulcher’s.

6. wanion says:

Dear #11,
    You seem like you must be a very sweet person, in that you’ve evidently not been doing enough to be given the finger enough to see the wide range of finger-giving styles that vary from region to region and person to person. Things to look for – is the thumb held out or tucked in? is the finger perpendicular to the arm or does it continue along the same line? are both middle fingers deployed with the arms moving up and down?

7. Besame Mucho (Joe Perrereis and The Perrereis Wallflowers) says:

Seriously, who had to post that Ronnie Johns link – especially in a Rich Fulcher article; Ronnie Johns Show was on the same par as The Wedge and other such crap – don’t insult this article and embarrass Australia like that!!!

8. ymendel says:

It’s good to see that replying to comments by number has been made pointless (rather than merely ineffective) thanks to the site redesign.

9. monstrinho_do_biscoito says:

not forgetting the old english V sign

10. Ian70 says:

Being rude is only funny when a professional does it.
    Amateur rudeness is, sadly, still very pathetic.

11. Clumpy says:

Suh-weet.

12. StRevAlex says:

Rather hilarious, I say.

13. Manolo the Shoeblogger says:

Please, let the inimitable Ronnie Johns show you how it is properly done…

14. Manolo the Shoeblogger says:

Ayyyy! Speaking of inimitable, this video contains the lovely and talented Ruth Waytz, thus atoning for it’s otherwise lackluster premise.

15. Ruth666 says:

The worlds, they are colliding!

What’s better than being singled out for mention on BoingBoing?

Having THE MANOLO notice it and make the special comment!

Muchos Besos, The Manolo!

16. Xeni Jardin says:

I am giving all of you the finger RIGHT NOW.

Bob Fossil, he no smile. Give him inch, he take a mile.

18. wanion says:

Except for the one shot at :22, this was about as funny as his show with Matt Berry, which was called Snuff Box, I think, but I don’t really want to think about it very much.

19. surgicalsnack says:

So THAT’S why he doesn’t like L.A…

20. hubbledeej says:

I decided to greet the UK’s ubiquitous cctv cameras with the finger on my first trip there last year. However, distant family member picking us up at the airport wanted to know if everything was OK and why were the N American relatives giving the finger to God knows what or who.

21. Malic says:

@Wanion WHAT!? Snuff Box might have been one of the funniest things I’ve seen in years! whis-KY!!! Ah, well, to each his own.