3D printed ban-hammer

15 Responses to “3D printed ban-hammer”

1. Fred H says:

@Zadaz,
    For the same reason discussion threads exist-to enter a discussion. Maybe to engage in some human interaction? I’d rather read a (possibly funny) summation rather than scroll through some emotionless article. Maybe that’s just me.

2. pinehead says:

You could make a far more heavy-duty version of this, too. Most people don’t have a CNC plasma cutter on hand, but you can hire it out to someone else, to cut the letters out of 0.25″ steel plate (woo!)

Then all you need is a sledgehammer head and enough welding skill to attach the letters to it. Be sure to mount the hammer on a sturdy handle, as you’ll be swinging it against a LOT of hard heads.

3. eviladrian says:

a new golden age of kipple.

Oh gawd, it’s bad enough when you have a dozen slightly different printouts of a design lying around your desk, or all those CDs burned with old versions of the file, imagine the scene when your office is full of 15,934 poorly-proportioned facsimiles of the Eiffel Tower, twenty percent of which are broken…

• eagleapex says:

At Hive76 we are saving all the broken bits of ABS to try and recycle it. Acetone will make it into a moldable goop. But of course, there’s still a layer of kipple around.

4. AirPillo says:

I wonder if it would leave a red mark that says BAN on someone’s forehead.

Quick, someone test this on a sibling!

5. friendpuppy says:

I hated the score to Miami Vice so I think we should Ban Hammer.

6. jfrancis says:

Where is the actual 3D printing location / cost?

7. arkizzle / Moderator says:

So, I presume a couple of these are going to turn up in the supply-closet, Cory?

Any word on that consignment of Troll’s Bane?

8. paulatz says:

I would have just bought three plastic characters and glued them to a big hammer, but I can understand the pleasure of DIY

9. Monthenor says:

Is the other end an e-peen?

What’s a ban hammer? Am I missing something video game / chat room related? Me not get it.

• Zadaz says:

Here you go:

(Has anyone done a study figuring out why otherwise intelligent people will go through all the time and effort of typing a whole English language question and deciphering a captcha to get an answer to a simple question that would take 2 seconds in an average search engine?)

11. tikaro says:

I have a friend that is both an IRC admin and works
    in a package store selling beer. This may replace the cosh under the counter.

12. Antinous / Moderator says:

I’m holding out for the needle-nosed disemvoweler.