Cactus flowers: an intro to the indie game mind warps of Jonatan Söderström

9 Responses to “Cactus flowers: an intro to the indie game mind warps of Jonatan Söderström”

1. hadlock says:

still waiting for air pirates to be released. hopefully on steam! they’re becoming much more indy-friendly (see also: zero gear)

The thing about Cactus is: I totally worship his existence, personality and impact on indie game culture. But I can’t stand the games themselves.

I just can’t play them for even a minute. It’s weird because I usually happily expose myself to even the indiest of indie, experimental, pseudo-retro mindfuck-games. But cactus stuff… like fingernails on a chalkboard.

hadlock, it’s a flash game and my understanding is that it will be released on E4.com for free.

@anon number one, everyone can play MSOIDS!

Cactus is the only reason I now follow the entire indie game scene. He is practically the only developer who’s games I go back and play when they aren’t a week old. Looking forward to shotgun ninja 2!

6. plvhx says:

how can you stand to be yourself, anonymous?

7. Akhiloth says:

Hey, thanks for featuring my video.

8. glory bee says:

One of my daughters is a’gamer’ and I watch as she and an American protege blitz their way through the ENEMY. But, for myself the lure of the chase is in ‘real’ life and I only once enjoyed a game called ‘World of Warcraft’. But genetics win out with my 8 year old grandson who just watches my attempts with no effort to conceal his amazed contempt! He would love to meet a person like this young genius. However there is another type of intelligence.. a lot of left handers have it… sort of intuitively knowing what will happen next. To be honest , I’m too lazy for gaming… I like the finish , not the steps you take to get there .Maybe that’s the difference between gamers and non-gamers.