Edible crayons

15 Responses to “Edible crayons”

Just saw the ingredients and that’d be a horrible way to find out your child has a nut allergy. Back to eating those wax ones!

2. neurolux says:

It would be a waste not to use them on edible paper.

3. mermaid says:

Look closer at the genius of Luxirare people. Pie. Lollipops. Bite sized pies on sticks. Inspired.

4. bikejuju says:

Kind of remind me of these edible crayons posted on Boing Boing back in May. http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/26/crayons-made-from-de.html

5. social_maladroit says:

BoingBoing’s recent post on how crayons are made just begged the question as to why they made mint-flavored wheatpaste when I was a kid, but not flavored crayons. Given that kids are likely to taste everything, I’m glad someone finally took the time to tackle that vexing problem.

6. Modusoperandi says:

It’s about time! Kids have been drawing on the walls with food for ages!

Not sure if it’s an appropriate gift for a small child. Here, you can eat THESE crayons, but not those crayons over there.

Crayons are for coloring and drawing. Manufacturing edible crayons is a cynical pun: “kids eat crayons? okay, here’s some edible crayons. heh heh.”

I remember a few years back, some manufacturer came out with a little sweet drink dispenser in the shape of a pistol. You merely aimed the pistol into your mouth, and voila! A tasty drink.

8. Felton / Moderator says:

Yes, but are they as tasty as the non-edible ones?

9. Amsterdaam says:

As far as I was concerned as a kid, all crayons were edible.

oh great, now i get to teach my one-year-old that some crayons are ok to eat and some are not. that sounds fun.

11. Tavie says:

Great idea and beautiful photos of the crayons and ingredients, but I wish there were more examples of the results – ie, what the markings look like, some sample drawings made with the crayons, etc.

12. murray says:

That person/site re-awoke the jaded photographer in me. Very pretty.

As for the crayons, will my works of art go moldy?

So Homestar Runner cartoons are finally coming true. Are they made of pressed bunson?