Bieber vs. Assange for Vanity Fair cover boy

14 Responses to “Bieber vs. Assange for Vanity Fair cover boy”

1. BB says:

I didn’t know that Vanity Fair’s demographic was age 12. They must have a good deal of disposable income these days.

One of the magazine publishing world’s best kept secrets. Vanity Fair is thoroughly researched, deeply knowledgeable, and well written.

Unfortunately, it exists in the world of fashion, which is of little interest to the BoingBoing community; and I would say that there is very little *of* interest in the self-obsessed world of the vain and their ornamentation, period.

But Vanity Fair can and do publish articles outside their traditional focus. When they do so, they get the very best in their respective fields to write, and to write superbly – and in depth.

Here’s a sample:

And for fun, some background on AIG:

m.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/08/aig200908

I look forward to their article on Assange.

Also: I don’t read VF – people send me links – and my idea of style is a confident instruction to my tailor that, whatever it is, it should be at least seventy years out of date.

3. vancouvergrrl says:

OMG now I see a very very slight resemblance to Edward Norton. (Not you, Beeb; dream on.)

4. Philipshade says:

The Assange-shop is just creeping me out.

Shuddersss *ugh*

5. Dave Faris says:

re: the subtitle : I don’t know about adorable, but I completely endorse the inescapable part.

6. Xenu says:

I’d love to take a WikiLeak all over Justin Bieber’s face.

7. xian says:

I vote encino man.

8. PFR says:

Maybe if we ignore them, they’ll both go away!

9. scifijazznik says:

in a Bizarro World somewhere, those lipstick prints belong to Christopher Hitchens.

10. franko says:

that poor kid. i just know that all his hair is going to fall out sooner rather than later because of all the crap they must put in it to get to stay in that position all the damn time. that and, you know, how just messed up he’s going to be as an adult.