Soldering gun made from modded Han Solo blaster: the Han Solderer

14 Responses to “Soldering gun made from modded Han Solo blaster: the Han Solderer”

1. pyster says:

EP 1 ruined all things starwars for me forever. So much I never saw EP 3. Pretty much tune out anything starwars because i find the cultures obsession with it lame. The status Quo sux to quote carlin.

But this I will concede is fucken cool.

2. awjt says:

I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time.

3. MikeB says:

i had one of those when i was a kid…

playing ‘war’ in the neighborhood back yards a friend supposedly ‘lost it’ climbing over a fence to cut through a yard. i searched and searched for days for that toy… never to see it again.

until one of his buddies showed up with one a few weeks later.

the hack is a great one.
    i blot out most of the recent episodes and the revisions. the sw universe lives on in my imagination, from my childhood, and countless hours creating my own universe within that universe.

4. wpc105 says:

Han soldered first!

5. RadioSilence says:

All the cooler, and appropriate, because the original prop from the film was cobbled together from a WWI gun, a scope from a rifle, and other random parts.

6. xzzy says:

“Can you hold on a second Greedo? I need to tin this thing first. Also, let me go get my fume extractor.”

7. Paul Renault says:

Cool, just like Han’s blaster could destroy enemies, this soldering iron can destroy your circuit boards!

8. garyg2 says:

you crazy americans actually say “soh-der”? Like Soda? You learn something everyday…

9. Richard Dagenais says:

saw-der

pronouncing the l is generally considered noobish

10. SonOfSamSeaborn says:

Google tells me that it’s from old French and ultimately the Latin solidus, so looks like dropping the l is the True Noob Move™. Go tell a centurion he’s doing it wrong.

11. Layne says:

Countdown to a Lucasfilm lawsuit in 5…4…3…

12. This is the kind of soldering iron which Han would have used. I imagine him underneath a rack of equipment with one of these (the power connected of course) shouting instructions at Chewbacca to hold the enemy off while he builds a new hyperdrive.

13. andy says:

I have 2 of these guns in great condition. Muahahahahahah!!!