17 Responses to “Tom Watson to attend NewsCorp board meetings with "details of previously undisclosed surveillance methods"”

1. hassan-i-sabbah says:

I have my caveats ,but, i think Mr Watson may what we used to call ” One of the good guys”.

2. Guest says:

#occupyboardrooms

3. Stefan Jones says:

I won’t be satisfied until the Voice of Sauron, uh, Roger Ailes is ousted as well.

4. Nezrite says:

Tirelessly *hounded, methinks.

5. MrEricSir says:

Ironically, the free market is destroying Fox News from the inside out.

6. Cowicide says:

How long before Tom Watson and/or any of his key sources has an “unexplained but not thought to be suspicious” death?

If I was him, I’d arm myself….  to the teeth.

7. Yuppityyup says:

Watson is a rock star, IMO. Imagine an American politician with these ads:

Oh, and he’s hard-hitting, intelligent and scrupulously honest. Nice combo in a pol.

8. 3William56 says:

In the mostly shambolic parliament appearance of the Dirty Digger and Son, Tom Watson was the only person to have an impact, and gave them a forceful but polite kicking. I will watch the rest with relish.

9. Nick Wood says:

Is this the same Tom Watson who gouged his MP’s expense allowance to the hilt, voted for the Iraq war, voted against an investigation into said war, voted against parliamentary transparency, voted for ID cards, voted for student top-up fees?

Happy he’s on the case then…

• I’m happy he’s on the case. Since this doesn’t involve any of the things you mentioned. I think his history on other topics is deplorable but when it comes to this kind thing he’s the best MP for it, well he’s the only one to actually give a damn about it anyway.

• Nick Wood says:

That’s fair enough. He’s done some good stuff as well, like his opposition to the Digital Economy Act. Just worth noting he’s not all hero; there is a bit of a dark side.

• Agreed, by all rights he shouldn’t really still be an MP. But if he wasn’t I’m not sure there is anyone left to fight against the DEA and digital rights, privacy etc.

I guess the only parliamentary candidate you’d ever completely agree with is when you put yourself forward as one.

10. philipbarrett says:

You can lie to the police, you can lie to the House of Commons but not to the SEC.  Shareholder meetings are tightly regulated, statements are expected to be forthright & truthful.  And like the IRS, the SEC has little interest in due process.  This one could have legs – delicious ones at that!

11. jamesblunt says:

@philipbarrett:disqus

Ah yes the SEC, that shining beacon of all that is good and moral:

As for Tom Watson – just another self serving MP with a poor track record of getting ANYTHING done. Still, I’m sure he’ll enjoy the tax payer funded jolly.