Silicon Valley job fair for people who want jobs in India

12 Responses to “Silicon Valley job fair for people who want jobs in India”

1. Aloisius says:

This is a great idea! But not for the Indians who came to the US looking for a better life, but for the companies who want to send Americans to India!

Instead of American companies hiring Americans and paying them locally, just ship them to a third-world country so we can pay them a fraction of the amount! Granted if they are Americans they still have to pay income taxes in the US, but it seems like a win for companies.

Sigh. I feel like I’m going to have to boycott these companies. Amazon is going to especially hard given my company is hosted on EC2. Time to look at Rackspace I suppose.

• Nagurski says:

I feel you, but these citizen/companies will use their free-speech ‘rights’ to buy politicians and continue to  make business decisions with no regard for the consequences on Americans, and will not suffer for it in the near term. In U.S.A., corporation boycott you!

2. irksome says:

Hmm… exporting jobs vs. getting rid of immigrant workers.

That sound you just heard was that of a Tea Bagger’s brain exploding.

3. bagoombah says:

Grey text region, second line.  after sixth word, insert “be”.  …may be in the…  Also, other words that may suffice, “be residing”, “be living”, “be working”, “be studying” etc., if they are more than just being.  However, sometimes just being can be enough.  If it’s quoted text and incorrect to start with, well…fix it anyway.

4. I’d love to check out this conference. I’ve been thinking that India may be a good place to go for work.

5. tylerkaraszewski says:

How has BoingBoing not implemented a “all posts mentioning ‘my friend’s mom’ are spam” rule for comments yet?

6. mindysan33 says:

I’m curious how similar this might be to Americans and Western Europeans heading to the Soviet Union for jobs during the depression?

7. Shinkuhadoken says:

For a recent grad, it may actually be a good “investment.” It’s very hard to get a job when you’re just starting out let alone when you do have experience. This may be a way to get some work experience under your belt, have a nice cultural exchange while you’re at it, and be horrified at the abject poverty of a country with a billion people. Life back home won’t ever seem so bad once you get back.

8. cstatman says:

i’d move to Chennai in a heartbeat,   but getting a viable “ex-pat package” is somewhat difficult.