My friend Ken Hollings is a master at connecting the dots between avant garde art history, outré culture, weird science, and basically everything that interests me. You might recall that Ken is the author of the absolutely fantastic radio series and book "Welcome to Mars," about the "fantasy of science in the early years of the American Century" involving nuclear war, LSD, flying saucers, the occult, B movies, and the space age. Here he is talking about John Cage and many, many other things. This was part of the 2011 "Off the Page" music criticism and audio culture literary festival that takes place in the seaside town of Whitstable in Kent, England. This year's festival is February 24 - 26 and will feature the likes of Simon Reynolds, Gavin Bryars, and BB pal Mark Pilkington! Off The Page 2012
- Ken Hollings: Welcome To Mars radio series - Boing Boing
- Ken Hollings's Welcome To Mars book - Boing Boing
- Ken Hollings: Radio documentary on RAND Corporation - Boing Boing
- From Gameboy to Armageddon: radio documentary - Boing Boing
- Wax Cylinder: Occult Sonic Technology of a Bygone Age, Good as ...
- Philip K. Dick radio program by Ken Hollings - Boing Boing
- Ken Hollings on BBC Radio 3: "Requiem for the Network" - Boing ...
David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.