Voice of Yakko Warner performs "Yakko's World"

25 Responses to “Voice of Yakko Warner performs "Yakko's World"”

1. goldenearth says:

Voice character actor MEL BLANC first performed this on his own comedy radio show back in the late 1940s. It’s available as a free download on Archive.Org (only a very few Mel Blanc Shows were recorded) – Blanc’s version is more twisted and deranged, but Paulsen indeed does a great job too!

2. Keith Tyler says:

His name is Robert Paulsen.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

3. jlargentaye says:

Was expecting some reference to Fight Club, found much better.

It’s fun to see the difference with his normal voice, and amazing how effortless he makes the song seem!

4. That was awesome. But do you know what’s even better? Rob posted a video last year of him singing this song with the KY Symphony Orchestra.

His Youtube account name is Yakko! LOL!

5. Erik says:

He just sang it verbatim on the latest Nerdist Podcast with Chris Hardwick (where he was joined by Maurice “The Brain” LaMarche as well) — it was awesome!

6. CHilke says:

“…and now there’s sooouth!”

7. MrEricSir says:

Here’s the original cartoon for those of us who don’t remember it.

8. Keith Achorn says:

This was my favorite skit from Animaniacs, but I never expect that it was done all in one go.  It’s even more impressive that he can still do it so many years later (I’ll give him a pass on the dozen or so countries that have been updated since then).

9. MelSkunk says:

When I was young and nerdy (12 when this came out) I remember trying to memorize the song. It got really tricky with some of the harder to pronounce places, and I didn’t think to use a VCR so I just tried to write them down as the show happened. Needless to say I did rather poorly for many of the middle regions in the song.

10. Jack Majewski says:

I’m not surprised he has perfect recall 12 years later. If I could do this, I would be signing it basically every time I was alone.

11. Mister44 says:

The Animaniacs were awesome. WHY don’t they re-run that anywhere? My mom one time found a framed picture signed by all three voice actors at a garage sale.

12. Peter says:

I actually can recite the song, or at least the countries (the exact placements of the ‘ands’ and similar connective words still elude me, but I can do the countries in the right order, and I’m not really a singer).

I started trying to memorize it when I was a kid and first saw it, got as far as the first verse, then about a year ago I rediscovered it on youtube and made it a mission to complete the job.

13. jackie31337 says:

I never imagined that this is what Yakko’s voice looks like. It’s definitely interesting to hear the difference between his normal speaking voice and his character voice.

14. Val Lindsay says:

I learned this because A) It’s a great voice exercise, B) Geography! and C) It just generates smiles at open mics. :)

15. Arys says:

I have this (and a bunch of other Animaniacs songs) on my iPod. When I have my ‘Pod on shuffle it always brings a smile :-)

16. conleysdoodles says:

I actually just saw him do this at Emerald City Comic Con last weekend! It was amazing.