Destructive, weird and absurd acts recorded in super-duper-slo-mo

30 Responses to “Destructive, weird and absurd acts recorded in super-duper-slo-mo”

1. nathan foote says:

Awesome! Even better for using
    Trentemøller for the music

2. GawainLavers says:

Here’s hoping their ad revenue can pay for a new house…

3. The music choice was great! Also, it’s amusing to ponder that the bill for all the things they destroyed (not to mention cleaning up that house) is still smaller than the bill for renting one of those cameras for a day.

4. Dolphin Bunnywolf says:

I’m pretty sure this was filmed by one of my (former) tenants.

5. giantasterisk says:

Balloon + Face is still my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VyvOhPmA0

6. At 2:36 – 2:36 you can clearly see the “bullet” come back into frame after passing through the Coke can and traveling back toward the direction fired.  Scary.

7. BonzoDog1 says:

The bullet-disposable lighter reminded me of a near-fatality of when the Bic first came on the market and a welder had one in his shirt pocket until a welding spark popped in. The story got around in the trade and they all went back to Zippos.

8. gothicgeek says:

How I laughed!

9. franko says:

:O
    “indoor fireworks”
    “flour & candle”
    “waterbed & needle”

so… much… destruction…. mind can’t comprehend. i’d love to know more about the aftermath of the waterbed. who’s place was destroyed to get *that* footage?

10. Maneki Nico says:

Sure, your whites may be a little singed, but for sheer efficiency it’s hard to beat the rocket-propelled drying rack.

11. The flour+candle one almost replicated an accident I had when much younger, that ended up with a severa-foot-across fireball of gasoline vapor with my head and upper body entirely within the fireball.  I do NOT recommend anyone replicate these, if you’re breathing in at the wrong second you can get mouth, throat, or even lung burns, and the face and hair and clothes on fire are not fun even if you avoid fatal internal injury.

12. timquinn says:

What is the value of the “meh” comment? Well, it is sort of a minimal criticism suggesting that the author has not pushed hard enough, has not ‘really’ dealt with the material, has not honored the audience by delivering on tacit promises.

meh.

13. dragonfrog says:

Not that it makes much difference, but it’s a carton of creme fraiche, not a milkshake, that they chuck into the lawn mower.

In that one, and the chainsaw + bottle of coke, I like the remnants of the previous awesome stuff-demolishing experiments…

14. mat catastrophe says:

Less destructive, but no less cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGmEYopFcVg

15. richard wright says:

doesn’t the title translate to “dumb and dangerous”? love it!

16. Kimmo says:

Oh goody, another one for the Phantom Flex subfolder in my HD vids directory
    : )
    Love the tune, too.

/looks up Trentemøller

Thanks, Nathan : D

17. wot did i just watch???

18. 10xor01 says:

Excuse me, but I must go make a small modification to my dryer rack.

19. chupsahey says:

Sooooommmmmeeee mmmeeeeeeennn juuuuuuuusst waaaaaaantt tooo waaatch thhheeeee woooooooorrlld buuuuurrrrrrnn.

20. noah django says:

ROCKIT PROPELLLLLLLED DRYARRRRR RAAAAAAAAACK!

21. sgeorge says:

“Flour and Candle” – I expect that people might be surprised that a handful of flour can instantly catch file, when released above a candle. However, in flour packing factories, they are constantly worried about static electricity, since a spark can ignite flour in the air, and cause a huge explosion.  The same problem exists with grain elevators.

22. Aaron Swain says:

I love that camera so much.