How many Legos are needed to build your house?

16 Responses to “How many Legos are needed to build your house?”

1. BrotherPower says:

It’s “LEGO!” It’s “LEGO!” The word’s already pluralised, you ignorant Yanks!!!!1!

Just kidding. It’s totally Legos. In b4 the butthurt.

2. I especially like that they bothered to stick a TM on a word that as far as I’m aware is not only not a trademark, but certainly isn’t one used by Lego.

3. Mike Vogts says:

Also walking to the kitchen at night would just be sheer torture.

4. CastanhasDoPara says:

Sheesh, I want to believe that is factoring in labor to put it all together but sadly I know that can’t be true because lego anything is expensive.

Too bad they don’t really have a bulk buying option (and I mean bulk like a whole pick up trucks worth, not those chintzy little tubs that are like 20 bucks for something like 500 random bricks. Seriously, where the hell do people get that many bricks?)

Also, lEGOz pedants need to seriously get over it. It’s super annoying to come into a lego thread and see that, of course (even jokingly), some uber nerd with an unused English degree has to start this damn argument every single time. It’s language, it’s malleable get used to it, unless you want to go back to using only grunts and gestures…

5. Tom Forest says:

James May (of Top Gear fame) built a full sized house out of Lego in the BBC series
     ‘James May’s Toy Stories’ …

• penguinchris says:

Came here to link to that… everything James May does is great. I think the story about him not being able to find something to do with the lego house afterwards was actually posted here on BB though I may be mistaken.

6. Jake0748 says:

I thought Mark was trying to short-circuit the whole stupid, annoying LEGO/LEGOS argument by including the link to   http://painintheenglish.com/case/4639       Right THERE in the caption.  Guess nobody noticed.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

I tried, but I know a few people  are very passionate about this issue, so who am I to stop them from trying to save culture?