18 Responses to “Breaking Bad Season 5: Xeni air-drops into the best viewing party in the world, in ABQ (video)”

1. Gilbert Wham says:

UR Doin it Rong: get some blue meth and HIJACK A JET!!!

• Gilbert Wham says:

And glad to see your hair back, good luck with the Radio… :)

• billstewart says:

Hey, she’s going to look really awesome glowing in the dark!  Ok, not really, it’s going to suck, but we all wish you the best, and it’s good to see you in this good shape after the last few months.

2. randyman says:

It’s great to see you out and about, Xeni!

3. Jim Saul says:

So, no problems with the tower?

I heard they had some issues with their air traffic control, some time back.

I’m finally watching the series now, just a few eps into S3. John de Lancie did a spectacular job in that role. Just heartbreaking. After all his other roles, this is the one that made me stop thinking of him as Q, seeing him as such a father, trying so hard, his life so destroyed.

• penguinchris says:

I was going to make a joke about Q but I’m late to the comments and you beat me to mentioning him (too tempting since they flew in).

I agree that he gave a great performance. Easily the best and most heartbreaking performance among the various side characters that show the effects of drugs on society, and one of the best performances of anybody on the show.

It wasn’t enough to make me stop thinking of him as Q though, probably because I just watched all of Star Trek TNG a couple months ago (and a few DS9 episodes including the one he’s in). Such a great character, perfectly played by de Lancie :)

4. Dammit, I wish I had an aviator boyfriend – and I’m straight.
    We could fly to whatever backwards ass country Game of Thrones is set in to catch an episode.

5.  That Miles is one lucky guy.

6. Deb Johnson says:

Awesome Xeni!!  Yes, Miles makes a wonderful boyfriend. He is so lucky and so are you. Two wonderful people that deserve some happiness.  Breaking Bad was awesome!   I’m glad you had a good time at the drop in party.

7. pupdog says:

Coolness – and to think I got to stand on the same set while you guys first talked about playing Second Life, and a shouty electronic ‘translator’ device that made everyone cringe…

8. License Farm says:

Those “Walter White Meth Labs” t-shirts are hilarious. May the forces of Disney’s lawyers overlook their trespasses.

Xeni, will you & Miles be coming to NYC on your trip? We’ll have to arrange something analogously awesome if so.

9. Stefan Jones says:

What a cool thing to have pulled off! Big thumbs up to the ground team, and their little dog, too!

I’m watching the season premiere tonight.

In the meantime I started tweeting #breakingbadspoilers to sow confusion and delight.

10. Bokonon says:

“I Forgive you”  Oh Oh…..

11. Richard_Metzger says:

Good times!

12. Adam Parfrey says:

Love seeing the happy times.

13. penguinchris says:

I’ve driven through Albuquerque several times, and slept in Wal-Mart parking lots on both sides of the city along the highway. It was interesting to watch Breaking Bad, and now to see this group of people, and realize that my assumptions based on what I briefly saw of the city were both right (lots of shady, drug-ravaged parts of town including the area surrounding the Wal-Marts I stayed at) and wrong (plenty of nice parts of town and plenty of nice, intelligent people). Pretty sure it’s not the place for me but I’m glad it’s not actually a wasteland ;)

Just gotta be careful not to make any wrong turns.

14. Andrea says:

I live in Albuquerque and always enjoyed looking for places I can recognize. Right now I have Dish Network and am not sure how I will watch the rest of the season as Dish dropped AMC.