Sight: haunting short sf movie

11 Responses to “Sight: haunting short sf movie”

1. bbonyx says:

Production was top notch, but the acting was horrible. Guess it’s easier to find grad-level FX artists and production designers than on-screen talent.

Plus, didn’t Futurama do this already?

2. Boundegar says:

I disagree.  The AI was the main character.  The actors were merely props.  And that’s my complaint with most sci-fi.

3. Michael Wiik says:

The spelling was atrocious, as you will see if you do like I did and watched it with frequent pauses and zoom-ins to view the printed text.

4. OtherMichael says:

I thought the acting was pretty good — the guy hit the geeky-programmer dead-on with a flattened-affect being helped-out by his sight-enabled-dating-game-thing. the woman was nervous and awkward, like  a woman might be on a blind date with somebody who has an odd, flattened affect, and doesn’t even know how to describe what he’s wearing.

5. yvgeny says:

I love watching these things. Here’s a similar concept video that kottke linked to a few months ago: http://vimeo.com/8569187

6. Recluse says:

I loved it! For such a short film, there was a nice story arc.  I enjoyed it more and have more to think about from it than the latest Spiderman without a doubt.

I nearly LOL at throwing away the half cut cucumber because of single FAIL.

As OtherMichael said, I thought the acting was spot on.

7. cap cavern says:

here the other side of that world http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804529/

8. Amelia_G says:

Well done, but ew!
    What’s up with the male/female funny job titles in the credits. Guys were genius, robot, wizard, maestro, girls were amazon, fairy, siren. Good on Boaz Bachman for stepping outside that game.
    After all these years it still remains less fun if you try to shoehorn yourself into the smurfette roles. I noticed that in Ready Player One as well.

9. Professor59 says:

Super awesomely geeky. I’m drawn to it and afraid of it at the same time.

10. leo Serrano says:

I do hope we will never develop that for everyday situations! But it might happen and then we’ll be ending up in recovering from addiction to that… not to mention being controlled by whoever produces those apps… on the bright sight, I will dead by when that    happens!!!