Einstein with puppet-Einstein

22 Responses to “Einstein with puppet-Einstein”

1. wildemar says:

Looks more like Einstein with a Mark Twain marionette to me. Also, best Einstein pic is clearly this one: http://i.imgur.com/E0uO2.jpg

• retepslluerb says:

There’s a certain similarity, yes, but I think the puppet is dressed in a lab coat, which would be rather unusual for Twain.

• wildemar says:

Point of interest: Lab coats aren’t anywhere near usual for theoretical physicists. To me this looks like a rather badly executed miniature frock coat. Hence, Mark Twain. ;)

• retepslluerb says:

I don’t think that a puppet show necessarily strives for exact fashions. Einstein was, at that time, *the* proverbial (benign) mad scientist, iGerman accent and all, in the public eyes’ view.

2. Kommkast says:

Man I miss totally insane yet bizarrely intelligent cartoons..

3. Sekino says:

What is it with Einstein that he’s so darn adorable. He’s like the Pikachu of science.

4. awjt says:

Which one’s the puppet?

• Will Bueche says:

The one that made the Bomb.

• conflator says:

Einstein didn’t participate in the Manhattan Project*. He was worried enough about Germany developing the a-bomb and using it in the war that he sent the famous letter to Roosevelt, but he didn’t work on developing it. Near the end of his life he called the letter his “one great mistake”.

* I wasn’t aware of this, but apparently Vannevar Bush did ask for his advice on separating fissionable materials at one point. Einstein’s views on war were well known at the time, though, and he wasn’t trusted by the project’s leaders to not discuss it.

(edited for clarity, and terrible typing)

5. Boundegar says:

O crap it’s one of those metatrolls!  I put on my wizard hat and robe…

6. hymenopterid says:

Eine kleine Einstein.

7. allium says:

It’s Einsteins all the way down.

8. Ryan_Walker says:

String theory.

9. Iain McLean says:

The puppet is Billy Connolly from 2008. Bert had obviously manipulated his theory of relativity and traveled into the future, go see a show and think Billy Connolly was a muppet and then gone back in time to take the piss out of him, leaving this photo for him to see on boingboing today… before once again manipulating his theory, and starting a rock band with Elvis next week to start rehearsals for the next season of America’s Got Talent.

10. Fef says:

Too bad the puppet wasn’t holding a puppet: The Einstein-Wheaton Recursive Effect.

11. Jack Welch says:

Turns out… it’s Einsteins all the way down.

12. Agreed with the Mark Twain comment.

13. studentofstone says:

Its cute but Proto-shopped. look at the tie and the glow around his head

14. Aram Jahn says:

This reminds me of an anecdote – I forget where I read it – Einstein was lecturing late in his life at CalTech and cut the lecture short in order to catch Beanie and Cecil. Anyone know a source for that?

Point is: dude was into puppets.